𝟖𝟏. "𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞𝐬"

Grace P.O.V.

My heart stopped when I saw him. His scars are gone. They're completely gone. He looks like the old him, but also slightly different. Sharper. Older. Obviously.

His freckles are very visible again, and he doesn't have bags under his eyes. His lips are normal. My eyes instantly became watery, and I felt a few tears make their way down my cheeks.

Jerome's eyes filled with worry. I sniffled quietly. He looked at the floor with a pained expression. I couldn't believe that he somehow stopped himself from running to a mirror. I swallowed heavily and took a tiny step towards him.

He looked back at me with hope flickering in his eyes. Little by little I made my way forward and stopped a few inches in front of him. His eyes were staring deep into mine in search of answers.

He should already know it worked, but it's so beyond unbelievably insane that it did, so I get why he has trouble believing it. I carefully reached out my hands and cupped his face.

I gently pulled it down, so it was right in front of mine. Then I ran my finger along his forehead where his scar was not that long ago. I very slowly traced the tip of my finger all around his face.

I don't understand how this happened. Although I did just grow a tree with what seemed to be my blood within a few seconds. I did my best to snap out of my daze and looked straight into Jerome's eyes.

They were practically begging me to say something, but I couldn't bring myself to push the words out. So I did the next best thing and shoved my lips on his.

I moaned quietly when I felt how soft they were. He immediately wrapped his arms around my waist, picked me up and headed to the bedroom.

I buried my fingers in his hair, broke the kiss and started planting adoring pecks on every inch of his anew-perfect face. He quickly laid me on the bed and got on top of me. Then he pulled away slightly and grinned.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw his old smile. Then tears of pure joy fell out of my eyes and I returned the grin. His smile tripled in size and he immediately started kissing my face.

I hummed with pleasure when I felt his smooth lips on my skin. He grunted quietly. His voice was still raspy, but I couldn't care less. He quickly buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"I love you." He mumbled onto my skin and kissed it lovingly.

"I love you too." I grinned widely.

He swiftly moved his hand in between us and unbuttoned my sweater. Then he started fondling with my belt. I chuckled softly.

"You don't want to see yourself first, Handsome?" I smiled and stroked his hair. He shook his head.

"I need you first." He rasped out and unlocked my belt. I blushed at his words.

He quickly unbuttoned my trousers, yanked them down and immediately did the same with his own. Then he placed his hand on the inside of my thigh and started caressing it lovingly.

I shivered with pleasure when his fingers came in contact with my core. He started gently moving his hand, causing a lustful moan to escape my lips.

He continued to leave open mouth kisses on my neck and slowly trail them down to my chest. I quickly moved my hands behind my back and unlocked my bra.

He immediately snatched the fabric, hurled it aside and attached his lips to my breasts. I let out a raspy moan. He suddenly took his fingers away from my centre and brought them to his lips.

My eyes widened when he sucked on them. He looks so different. Or rather so much like he used to. I didn't even realise how much I missed his face until I got to see it again.