𝟔𝟎. "𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐧-𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥?"

I gradually opened my eyes and moved the sheet off my face.

I felt throbbing pain on the side of my head. I quickly rubbed it in a futile attempt to get rid of it. Then I remembered what happened and I immediately shot up. I scanned the room at a lightning speed.

I'm in a bedroom. I'm guessing it's Jeremiah's. What time is it? I scanned the room for a clock. I found one and bolted to it.

9 a.m..

My eyes widened. It's the next day. Jerome must be completely losing it. I need to get back to him. If he hadn't already left the flat. I walked over to the door.

No handles. Of course. No point in trying to get out.

I sighed and sat on the bed. After a few minutes the door opened and Jeremiah stepped inside. I quickly started scooching backwards, until my back hit the wall. He frowned deeply.

"Are you scared of me?" He asked stupidly. I refrained from scoffing.

"Come on, Miah. You're smarter than that..." I grinned. He smiled weakly.

"...Of course I'm scared of you, you dolt! You kidnapped me!" I spat viciously. His face fell. Then he slowly nodded his head and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, but you wouldn't have come with me any other way." He said calmly. I rolled my eyes.

"May be." I muttered and put my face in my hands. I could hear him walk up to me. I looked up just as he sat down at the edge of the bed.

Then I noticed his hair is black. And his eyes. They're pale green. He smiled when he noticed I was staring at him. I quickly looked away. He chuckled and moved closer to me. I scooched away. He sighed.

"What can I do to prove that I won't hurt you?" He asked and tilted his head at me.

"You can let me go." I muttered. He shook his head.

"That's the one thing I can't do."

"So what's the plan? You're just going to keep me here in..." I trailed off, suddenly remembering the explosion from before.

"Alfred was on his way to your office, but he wasn't picking up his phone. Jim must've followed him..." I murmured to myself.

It finally dawned on me what happened. I quickly picked up my head and looked at Jeremiah. He was staring at me curiously with a small smile.

"You blew up your bunker." I deduced. He grinned and nodded.

"So where am I? You have another one?" He nodded again.

"I suppose you wouldn't give me the blueprint of it?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

He shook his head, his smile not faltering for one second. I pulled my mouth in a straight line and nodded with defeat.

"I don't want to be here, Jeremiah." I declared. His smile fell finally and he took a deep breath.

"That's all right, because we're leaving anyway." He told me and stood up. I quickly got up too.

"Where are we going?" I creased my eyebrows with confusion. He grinned down at me.

"You'll see."

***

Jeremiah gave me a new outfit and left the room so that I could change. I examined the clothes. A loose pair of blue and purple plaid trousers, a white shirt with a thin long black bow on the collar and a light purple trench coat. I grimaced.

God.

I despise purple. I slipped everything on and looked in the mirror. I suppose it's not bad. I still don't like the colour though. I tucked the shirt into my pants and put on the shoes. They're not anything special. Just a simple pair of dark brown leather oxfords.