𝟏𝟐𝟎. "𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬"

Jerome P.O.V.

"Gorgeous?" I rasped weakly. She sent me a small smile and sat down in front of me.

My eyes kept jumping around her face. Somewhere deep down, I knew it wasn't really her, but I didn't want to let that into my conscious thinking.

"Hi, Jerome." She chuckled. Tears immediately rolled down my cheeks, and I grabbed her face.

I kept patting her skin, but something didn't feel right. I couldn't feel any warmth from her, and she didn't smell like her. I grimaced slightly but couldn't take my hands away.

"Long time no see, huh?" She giggled softly. I whimpered in response.

"You look better than the last time I saw you. I wasn't a fan of the hair." She grinned and poked my cheek. I couldn't feel it.

"W-why c-can't I...What?" I breathed in a daze and clutched her hand.

"Well, I'm not really here. You know that, Ginger." She smiled weakly and tilted her head. I went back to sobbing.

"Please don't cry. I hate when you cry." She pleaded and moved closer to me. I fixed my stupid gaze on her lips.

"Give me a smile." She grinned widely and moved her face to mine. I swallowed heavily.

"You can kiss me, you know." She whispered into my lips. My crying got louder, and my heart hurt like hell.

"Get out. I don't want you." I rasped weakly. She frowned deeply.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled shakily, stood up and ran away. My eyes widened.

"No! No, wait! I'm so sorry! Come back!" I panicked, scrambled to my feet and sprinted after her. 

"Gorgeous, I'm so sorry! Don't leave me!" I cried desperately and bolted down the stairs.

Then I actually looked around and realised she was nowhere to be found. My whole body gave up at that point, and I just passed out.

***

When I came to my senses, it was dark outside. I sat up, started running my hands through my hair and breathing heavily. I wanted to see her again.

The real her.

I sniffled, stood up and headed to the backyard. I got to the glass door and immediately remembered the first time we were there.

I tried to get rid of the memory and get the damned thing open, but of course, it got stuck. I growled to myself and raised my fist.

"Jerome, for the love of God, don't do that!" Grey snapped, and her tiny hand appeared on my wrist.

"Fuck!" I panicked and jumped away. She chuckled at my reaction.

My eyes were wide as I studied her carefully. She was slightly see-through. Not to a point where it would be creepy, but she definitely didn't look right.

And for whatever reason, she was wearing the exact same clothes as the day we got locked up in Arkham for the first time.

A pair of black loose pants and an oversized grey shirt. The only thing that was missing was my sweater. And just as I thought that it appeared on her.

"What the fuck?" I breathed out and rubbed my eyes.

"If you have questions, I can answer." She smiled softly and gestured for me to come closer.

I reluctantly did it and looked down at her. She pointed to the little hatch on the door. I grabbed it quickly. I definitely didn't want her to leave again, so I thought it would be best to just listen.