𝟒𝟖. "𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐬"

After I managed to find all the clothes Jerome and I carelessly discarded all over the room, I sat down on the edge of the mattress and started getting dressed. Meanwhile, the ginger just calmly laid behind me, covered up to his waist with a duvet.

"Do you plan on getting dressed today, Freckles?" I spoke up at last and glanced at him over my shoulder.

"Oh, I'm just soaking up how bendy my future wife is." He croaked with a delighted grin, shut his eyes and crossed his arms under his head. I blushed madly.

"Shut up and get dressed." I mumbled and threw his boxers on his face. He giggled and took them off.

"I think I need your help, Gorgeous." He purred and slipped his finger under the waistband of my panties. I promptly stood up.

"I can't believe I have to say this." I sighed and rubbed my face. He sent me a huge grin, cocked his eyebrows and laid on his side.

"If you intend to destroy this wretched city, you need to spend your time on whatever your stupid plan is. Hurry up, or I'll leave you to carry this nonsense out on your own."

"Fine." He grumbled, sat up and pulled on his underwear.

"You promised no more surprises." I noted and put on my shirt. He didn't look up at me.

"I told you it's a surprise in the car. I promised after that." He muttered and slipped on his trousers.

I was slightly hurt he was keeping things from me, so I just nodded, grabbed the rest of my clothes and carried them into the loo to finish getting ready.

***

"Gorgeous?" Jerome piped up suddenly and knocked. I finished parting my hair in the middle and opened the door for him.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked nervously. I sighed, stepped closer to him and started fixing his tie.

"I'm sad you're keeping things from me, but you do what you need to." I shrugged and walked past him. He swiftly grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"I'm sorry. I have to." He rasped softly. I shut my eyes with frustration.

"Why would you have to keep things from me? You used to tell me everything. For the love of God, you once talked for thirty minutes about how that zit you got on your chest looked like a tiny third nipple." I whined. He stifled a laugh and gently pulled me to him.

"Can you please just let this one go?" He pleaded and gripped my arms. I exhaled deeply and nodded.

"I'll make it up to you once this is all over. Deal?" He grinned and planted a loving kiss on my forehead.

"Deal." I sighed and cupped his face. He swiftly lowered it and pushed his lips on mine.

***

Jerome P.O.V.

The elevator let out a ding, and the door opened for Grey and me. An old lady looked at us, and her eyes widened with fear. It may have been at the sight of my shotgun or my face. I shrugged at the thought, grabbed Grace's hand and pulled her inside the small box.

The woman looked down at her with profound concern. I rolled my eyes, leaned my back on the wall next to the crone and started whistling. It didn't take a lot of time before it turned into me just letting out sad puffs of air. Grey giggled and wrapped her arms around my right one.

"I used to be a great whistler." I told the lady with a chuckle and gestured to my messed up face. She nodded and squirmed uncomfortably.

"You're frightening her. Stop it." Grey ordered, gripped my wrist and pulled my hand down.