★ 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 "𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨" ★

I kinda went off the rails there, didn't I?

I wasn't planning on touching the subject of Jerome's face, but it undisputedly needed to be done for the story. If I were to get into the tv show's Jerome's head, I would probably not find much sentiment about it.

However, considering he has Grace in this story, he obviously minds his appearance. The looks people give him, the things they say, and generally his own feelings about it regarding her, they had to boil over at some point.

Of course, I could've just not given him a way to fix it. But I figured it would be genuine fun to piss Jeremiah off later in the book. Also, when I was trying to figure out how to get rid of his scars in a way that made the slightest bit of sense, Ivy Pepper came to mind.

Like I mentioned numerous times before, I haven't seen "Gotham", so I had to do some research on her. And before anyone gets up from their seat to tell me that I exaggerated her powers...

I'm aware, Folks.

But since it's my book, frankly, I can do whatever I please. I'm pretty sure Grundy lost a limb at some point, and it grew back. Losing Jerome's scars is really not that far fetched. Besides, there is this whole Lazurus Pit and Ra's Al Ghul. None of that can be explained by science. So, you know...magic. You're welcome.

I'm also obviously aware that the picture in the next chapter is of Ian Gallagher. But it's incredibly difficult to find a picture of Cameron when he's smiling like Jerome. This is the best I could do. I obviously needed him to be older, so I couldn't use Jerome's picture.

All right, thanks for indulging me, Fellows and Gentlewomen.