𝟗𝟗. "𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬"

Gordon opened the door to Nygma's apartment. Then all five of us walked inside. I tried my best to ignore the incredible amount of items and books inside.

"This must be killing you." Jerome whispered into my ear. My eyebrows creased.

"So many books, and you can't read them now." He chuckled wickedly and nudged me in the ribs.

"I hate that you know me." I grumbled. He giggled and pecked my cheek.

"Bruce should be here soon." Jim told us and glanced at me.

"Oh, don't worry. We already had a fun day with him. It was fine." I shrugged and headed to Nygma's table.

He sat down on the chair and looked up at me. I carefully pushed my fingers in his hair and checked his stitches.

Jerome sat on the chair on the opposite side of Ed and glared at him. I chuckled and took my hands away from Nygma.

"So, what will it be? Are we taking it out or creating a device to make sure it won't be a problem anymore?" I asked Ed and sat down next to him.

"I would prefer to not have a chip in my brain." He gritted through his teeth.

"Easy, Bunny." I chuckled.

"What?" Jerome growled. I put up my hand to quiet him.

"I can't take it out. I'm refuse to be the person who makes the Riddler a vegetable." I grinned at Ed and tapped his forehead. He let out a soft chuckle.

"Lucius can. He'll be here soon. Along with Alfred." Jim spoke up. I nodded.

***

"Aren't we just a dream team?" Jerome grumbled under his breath when Bruce, Alfred and Lucius showed up.

"Legion of Improbables?" I grinned.

"Yeah." He returned the smile. I chuckled and tried to get off his lap.

"No." He grumbled and tightened his clutches.

"I need to help Lucius. Let me go." I grinned and pecked his nose. He pouted deeply.

"Jero-"

He cut me off by shoving his lips on mine. I chuckled into the kiss, pushed my fingers into his hair and tugged his head away.

"Stop clinging to me, Freckles." I ordered him, grabbed his chin and pecked his lips. He scowled but took his arms away.

"Master Bruce?" Alfred panicked, caught Bruce's arm and pulled the boy behind him.

"It's ok, Alfred." Bruce said and stepped out of Alfred's hold.

"Why is he here?" Alfred glared at Jerome.

"Alfred, he won't do anything." I sighed and got back to my feet.

"He was with Selina and me when we looked for Jeremiah." Bruce told him. Alfred's eyes widened at the revelation.

"You didn't tell me." He mumbled. Bruce sighed.

"He probably didn't want you to worry." I cut in.

"All that matters is that all of us want to get rid of the military rats. So, let's get to work." I grinned and cracked my knuckles.

***

Lucius prepared his tools, and Nygma positioned his head on the table. Then Lucius began to mess around in Ed's head.

I stood by them for assistance. Barbara, Jerome and Alfred were watching us work, and Jim and Bruce walked away to talk.