𝟏𝟎𝟐. "𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞"

Jerome P.O.V.

I quickly opened the door for Grey, and we stepped out of the room. She took a look around, but she didn't say anything. Then Bruce walked out of one of the rooms.

"Grace." He smiled when he saw her and started pacing towards us. I groaned with irritation.

"I heard you've lost your memory." He noted and stopped right in front of her.

"I feel like I know you." She muttered. My heart sank in my chest.

"Y-you do?" He mumbled and glanced at me.

"No, I just enjoy terrifying him." She chuckled and pointed to me. My face fell.

"Well, I'm still not clear as to whether you're a shmuck or not." She looked up at me and shrugged. My eyebrows shot up.

"I am. But you loved me anyway." I grinned.

"So, I was a shmuck. Good to know." She clicked her tongue. I chuckled.

"Do you want me to tell you about what we went through together?" Bruce asked her. My eyes widened.

"I suppose." She smiled softly.

"N-no. We gotta go." I blurted out, grabbed her hand and tried to drag her away.

"W-what? No, wait." She struggled against my hold. I sent Bruce a pleading look.

"We met at a circus." He said quickly. I let go of Grace and exhaled with relief.

***

"Mrs Valeska." Alfred appeared out of nowhere and walked up to us.

Grey turned her attention from the brat and looked at the butler.

"Are you really British or a weirdo who does an accent for no reason?" She narrowed her eyes at him. He chuckled.

"Oh, I'm British, all right. Are you feeling good?" He grinned. She nodded.

"Thank you for saving my boy here." He smiled at her fondly and placed his hand on her shoulder.

I clenched my jaw, trying my best to keep myself from saying anything.

Thankfully, he quickly took his hand away. Bruce stepped away from her and stopped next to his butler.

"I saved him?" She frowned with confusion and pointed to Wayne. They both nodded.

"How?" She asked. Alfred opened his mouth to reply, but I quickly cut in.

"U-um, maybe I'll tell you later." I proposed and leaned down to her.

"Why?" Her eyebrows creased.

"Again, that will confuse you. You need the whole story to hear this."

"He may be right, Grace." Bruce piped up. I rolled my eyes and straightened myself up.

"A-all right. Let's go." She muttered and headed forward.

I felt horrible that she didn't take my hand. But I obviously got it. I quickly got a grip and followed her to the exit.

***

I led Grey to the car, opened the passenger door and tried to get in. She froze and frowned.

"Are you ok?" I asked with worry.

"You're not driving?" She asked. I chuckled.

"I could. But I suck at it. You, on the other hand, are an incredible driver." I told her. Her eyebrows shot up with surprise.