𝟔𝟒. "𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐬 𝐞𝐬, 𝐩𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐬 𝐯𝐢𝐫."

Jim Gordon P.O.V.

I grabbed Jeremiah's blazer and shoved him up against the wall.

"How many bombs are there? Where are they?" I gritted through my teeth.

"I want to talk to Bruce Wayne and Grace Watson." He said with a small grin. I immediately swung at him and punched him in the jaw.

"Tell me where they are, you son of a bitch. Who's helping you!?" I growled furiously.

"Bruce and Grace." He repeated. I swiftly hit him again.

"You are never going to talk to them! You hear me!?"

"Then more people will die..." He chuckled weakly.

"...But you never were good at holding onto what you care about, were you, James?" He grinned softly. My eyes widened. What the hell is he talking about? Suddenly the door flew open.

"We need you out here! Now!" Harvey called. I let go of Jeremiah and quickly left the interrogation room.

"Can I help you?" I asked the officer standing in the middle of the main room. He was surrounded by numerous soldiers.

"Captain Gordon. Major Rodney Harlan, Seventh Division, Fort Henry." He introduced himself and walked up to me.

"Major, I assume you're here to help with the evacuation. If so, Detective Bullock can coordinate." I told him.

"The governor has declared martial law. Until this crisis is resolved, I'm in charge here." He declared. My eyes widened.

"You serious?" I asked, completely baffled.

"Son, this is not a pissing match. I was sent here to restore order in a chaotic situation. Can I count on you?" He looked at me expectantly.

"Yes, sir." I nodded weakly.

"What do we got?"

"Not much..." I exhaled heavily.

"...Valeska had a plan to knock down a number of buildings in Gotham. We recovered those bombs, but he's stashed away more." I explained.

"Who's helping him? Somebody's gotta be."

"It's unclear. We've heard reports that his followers have turned on him, which would indicate he has someone else..." I would guess his brother, but it's unlikely. He clearly despises him and he seems to believe that he's dead.

"...He would like to talk to Bruce Wayne and Grace Watson. That's clearly a trap."

"His brother pulled the same gag. There was a blimp, it was a whole thing." Harvey added.

"Who's Grace Watson?" Major asked me. I took a deep breath.

"She was his brother's girlfriend. Now it seems he became obsessed with her. He kidnapped her yesterday, but she escaped." I explained.

"Do you know where she is now?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Well, I suppose that doesn't matter. Bruce Wayne will be enough. Get him here." He ordered. My face fell.

"Major, you cannot bring Bruce Wayne down here. If you have to bring someone, it should be Grace Wat-"

"It's not your call, Captain." He cut me off.

"Now..." He turned to one of the soldiers. I grabbed his arm.

"You have no idea who you're dealing with." I warned him.

"Arrest Jim Gordon." He commanded. My eyes widened. His men immediately began dragging me away.

"Hey, hey, hey! Are you out of your freaking mind!?" I yelled at him.