𝟓𝟎. "𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐤𝐢"

Jerome P.O.V.

(Around the time the lights turned red)

I walked around the damned cell in circles, waiting for Crane and Tetch to do something. Half of me hoped Grey was locked up just like me, and the other half of me hated that the first half wanted that and wished she was treated better. Suddenly, the wall opened, and my thoughts were abruptly interrupted by Crane, Tetch and the blonde who knocked me out.

"Finally." I growled at Bag-head and walked out of the wretched box.

"Where is Grace?" I asked the proxy. Tetch raised his finger and opened his trap to reply.

"We should just go." Crane butted in. My eyebrows shot up, and I slowly turned to face him.

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just suggest I leave her here." I grinned viciously and snatched my gun out of his hands.

"We have no use for her." He shrugged. I glared at him with pure hatred.

"I'll deal with you later, Bag-head." I gritted through my teeth and once again turned to Hatter.

"Where is she?" I repeated and took a step towards him. He swallowed heavily.

"Where to shall we make do?" He rhymed to the proxy. She just quietly headed somewhere.

"Makes so much sense." I scoffed and followed her.

***

Grace P.O.V.

"Where are you, Jerome?" I muttered to myself and put on my coat to warm up. Then the wall abruptly opened right behind me.

"Jesus." I gasped and jumped forward. A familiar mad giggle sounded behind me.

"Oh, thank God." I mumbled, stood up and turned to Jerome.

"Missed me, Gorgeous?" He grinned widely and opened his arms for me.

"Are you ok? She got you good." I blurted out, came up to him, grabbed his face and lowered it to me. He giggled and kissed my forehead.

"I'm great. Are you ok? What did she do to you? How much should I kill her?"

"I'm all good. Don't kill her at all. You know, I put up quite the fight." I bragged and gripped his tie.

"I bet you did." He chuckled, clutched my hips and placed his lips on mine.

"Ok. Let's go." I whispered, pulled away from him and stepped out of my temporary cell.

After giving the area a quick scan, I realised Jeremiah built his home like a maze. I should've guessed that before. Then I realised something else. He once gave me a drawing of a labyrinth and made me promise I wouldn't throw it away. With time, and because of getting locked up in Arkham, I lost it. But I remembered it exactly.

"Come on." I muttered, grabbed Jerome's hand and started leading him to the exit.

"Wait. Woah. How do you know where to go?" He frowned with confusion.

"Doesn't matter. Let's just hurry."

"Grey, uh, there is something I have to tell you. Xander is-"

"Jeremiah. I'm aware."

"How the hell do you know that?" He groaned and froze.

"Jerome, please, let's go." I sighed. He cocked his eyebrows and crossed his arms on his chest like a child.

"Oh, Jesus. Ok. So you know that how my last name is Watson?"

"Yeah." He grunted with sheer puzzlement.