𝟗𝟓. "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐚𝐡"

𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝟗𝟓 𝐨𝐟 "𝐍𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐝"

"J-Jerome?" I muttered when I heard noises outside our window.

"What's wrong?" He mumbled drowsily and looked up at me.

"I think someone is outside." I whispered. Then something chimed in the room.

He immediately shot up, grabbed a gun and aimed it at the open window. I quickly sat up and looked over his shoulder.

"Mr and Mrs Freak." I heard a young woman's voice. My eyebrows creased at the strange familiarity of it.

"Come out now, and I'll give you a chance to explain what the fuck you're doing here before I kill you." Jerome growled.

"We'll see about that, Freak." The girl scoffed and walked out from behind the curtain.

My eyebrows shot up when I noticed she had curly hair.

"Selina?" I mumbled and rubbed my eyes.

"Selina?" Jerome repeated and lowered the gun.

"The paraplegic one?" He asked with confusion.

"I told you, she can walk again, Jerome." I sighed with frustration and turned on the lamp.

Selina was all dressed up in a leather outfit. And she seemed to be doing fine, despite almost dying just a week ago.

"Do you really think I thought to remember that?" He rubbed his face and put away the gun.

"Selina, why are you here?" I frowned with confusion.

"I want your help with finding Jeremiah." She told me. My eyes widened.

"What!?" Jerome exclaimed suddenly, causing me to flinch slightly with surprise.

"Y-you...I-I..." I shook my head, trying to process what she said.

"What do you know about him?" Jerome asked, put on a t-shirt and stood up.

"I know he tried to kill me." Selina's eyes narrowed.

"I know I'm going to kill him, and I have a feeling you might want to help." She referred to me.

"If anyone is killing him, it's me." Jerome declared.

"No one is talking to you, Freak." She spat. I took a deep breath.

"Before this gets out of hand..." I began calmly, got up and walked in front of Jerome.

"What do you want from us?" I asked her.

"I don't want anything from him." She pointed her metallic nail at Jerome. I could feel him tense up behind me.

"Listen. We've been through this before. " I sighed.

"You're asking me for help; you're getting his..." I tilted my head.

"That's assuming I say yes." I narrowed my eyes. She copied me.

"Jeremiah kidnapped you. Don't you want him to pay for whatever else he did to you?" She took a small step towards us. I looked down for a second.

"What are you planning to do?" I muttered.

"I'm going to The Dark Zone to find out anything I can about where he's hiding."

"If I say no, will you go alone?"

"No, I'm asking Bruce for help too." She said carefully and glanced at Jerome.