𝟏𝟏𝟐. "𝐉𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐲'𝐬 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠"

𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟒𝟔 𝐨𝐟 "𝐍𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐝"

"I can't believe I'm being forced to go to Jimbo's wedding." Jerome growled as he tied his adorable burgundy tie. I giggled and took over for him.

"Well, you don't have to. I'll happily bring Tommy as my plus one." I shrugged, straightened the tie and took a step back. He groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Why are you even invited?" He whined. I snorted with laughter and headed to my wardrobe to pick a dress.

"I'm invited because Lee is my friend. We talked. I explained to her that I never intended to kill her. I just needed to protect my dumbass of a partner. And, since she's marrying Jimbo, she knows all about that." I turned back to the ginger and grinned. He did not look happy.

"Also I told her what the hell was up with you when you tied her up and asked her if you ever did it." I cocked my eyebrows. His face fell.

"Yeah, like I said, we talked." I chuckled and turned back to the wardrobe.

After ruffling through all the dresses Barbara gave me throughout the last months, I decided on a red velvet bodycon dress on thin straps that reached just above my knees.

"Oh, don't worry, Ginger." I spun around and slipped on the garment.

"They both absolutely want you there." I nodded to emphasise my point. He stayed quiet.

"Jerome Valeska at Jim Gordon's wedding, sitting next to Bruce Wayne." I recited as I stared into nothingness.

"Sounds like the start of a bad joke." I grinned. He was frozen like a statue.

"What is it?" I sighed.

"You're gorgeous." He swooned with a grin. I snorted with laughter and rubbed my forehead.

"Are you serious?" I groaned. He giggled, walked up to me and grabbed me as if for a waltz.

"I'm so not letting you go out like this by yourself." He huffed and started leading me. I was stunned.

"Why are we dancing?" I whispered.

"I don't know. I guess I like it now." He grinned widely, smoothly twirled me and pulled me back to his chest. I chuckled softly.

"As I was saying, I need to make it clear you are taken, so I'll sit through Jimmy's wedding." He sighed and dipped me.

"I think the thirty people left in Gotham know that." I told him. He chuckled and kissed me deeply.

"Still, I'm going to have to be there in case anyone looks at you." He mumbled into my lips. I giggled and cupped his face.

"What if it's in passing?"

"No one looks at you in passing." He purred and nuzzled my cheek.

"Now that's just too far on the sappy scale." I grinned and combed my fingers through his hair.

"Anyway..." He sighed, pecked my cheek and abruptly straightened us up. I inhaled sharply.

"I meant I will need to be there to rip out the eyes of anyone who ogles you." He corrected himself and cupped my face. My eyebrows shot up.

"I have a feeling that you would actually go that far." I muttered.

"I would absolutely go that far, Gorgeous." He grinned widely and shoved his lips on mine.

"Ok, well, we have to get going." I mumbled into the kiss and patted his chest.

"I have something for you." He declared suddenly and took a step back. My eyebrows creased.