20

Michael POV

"It's you." A familiar accent filled the room followed by my name,"Michael."

My eyes lit up at the feathery ball that stood in front of me, his eyes wide and mouth curved into a slight smile. His messed up hair, and his innocent face. It was the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Gavin.

"Gav." I said smiling and pushing myself against the walls of my dog crate,"Its you. At least-I hope it's you."

The figure nodded and too pressed himself against the cage,"It's me guys. Don't worry I'm gonna get you out."

He about walked away to check the gist of these crates, if they were accessible. I stuck my hand out of the small opening in front of me to stop him.

"Gav..." I grabbed hold of his white shirt of which he too wore, just like the rest of us.

He jumped a little as if on edge and backed up toward me, his chest at eye level and our hands grazing.

"Ray.." I said quiet enough for only him to hear.

Gavin shook his head not wanting to know what I would have said to him and he turned away once more, making the cages his focus.

"I've never been happier to see you, of all people Gavin." Said Ryan, his voice dreary and tired.

"I can say the same." Geoff acknowledged.

Gavin smiled,"I'm so glad I found you all. But... I went through some trouble... So..." He paused to scratch his head and smile, his eyes squinting,"We might not have long before someone finds out I'm gone." He chuckled while continuing to inspect the locks.

"Well!" Jack said impatiently,"Can you open them?"

Gavin bit his bottom lip unsure of how to answer and began pacing the room mumbling something to himself.

"Jack I don't think-" Gavin paused to sigh,"Yeah. I can." Gavin made his way around the room back to where I was stationed and firmly grasped the side of the crate.

"Brace yourself Michael."

I nodded and watched as Gavin swung his arm back and immediately brought it down on the side of the cage, a small spark erupting and then a slight cry of pain filling the room followed by a british boy on the floor.

"Gavin!" I said louder than I should have, in fear of someone hearing the conversation.

"Gavin."

His strength was incredible. He completely busted the cage, a giant hole in the side now. And then it hit me.

Everything here is advanced. It's been advanced, including these cages. They were protected and he knew it. That's why he stuttered when speaking with Jack.

He wanted to free us, and he took pain as the consequence.

I threw myself out of the tiny cage, and onto the floor next to Gavin. The sounds of rattling cages filled the room as the guys tried to watch the scene.

"I'm fine." He said holding onto his now red fist and standing up to go to the next cage.

"Gavin stop. I won't let you hurt yourself on purpose."

"What are you talking about Michael. I'm not hurt."

"Yes you are Gavin." I looked at his figure while sitting on the floor,"You just won't admit it."

"You're hurt physically and mentally. Something's on your mind Gavin." I finished.

Gavin went to speak but refrained himself from doing so and immediately shunned his voice from me.