8

Gavin POV
"Nah it's cool." Michael said with a little pep in his step.

"What'd you mean it's cool?" I asked.

I opened the door for Michael to walk through while he carefully balanced 6 pizzas in his hands.

"You know. It's cool."

"No Michael. I don't know." I said with a grin.

After Michael invited me over, the day went by pretty quickly.

And before I knew even knew it the day was over. And now here we are.

It was just Michael and I walking through the door while the rest of the guys had stayed back to play a "game".

"I mean. It's Geoff. He does it all the time." Michael said pointing across the large open room at Geoff.

This was Geoff's place. He was after all 18 and Michael said he moved out a while back anyway. And his place was tidy, it was.. Comfortable.

Michael initially invited everyone to his house but he said his family had friends over and he didn't want to be bothersome.
But hell, these guys. They would be bothersome anywhere.

"What about me?" Geoff asked.
"Alcohol." Michael said setting down the pizzas in which he paid for.

Throughout my first day of freedom I've gathered that food isn't free.

And you actually pay.
But I mean it common sense.
I would have offered to pay for it but I don't exactly have any funds as seeing Im on my own.

"Gross." Ray stuttered with a blank face not taking his eyes off a large screen in front of him.

"It's not gross." Geoff replied.

He too hadn't taken his eyes off the same screen as Ray and I couldn't help but to wonder what they were doing.

"What exactly are you guys bluffing about?"

"The alcohol or the game?" Ryan asked me while he tapped away at a controller similar to the others.

"Uh. Both."

"You mean to tell me you've never played a game before and you don't know what alcohol is?" Geoff asked astound.

"I mean I know your young but wow." He finished.

"Aren't you like 18 Geoff? Last I was told the drinking age is 21." Ray said smiling yet his eyes stilled glued to the screen full of flashing lights.

"Well yeah. I am. And it is."

I watched as Michael took his jacket off and took a bunch of stuff out of his pockets.

He placed his wallet on a small coffee table along with the keys to Geoff's car.

"Hey kids. Dinner ready you little pricks." He then said to the four other guys in the living room.

"Technically you didn't cook." Jack said and a slight amount of laughter filled the room.

"Yeah well technically this isn't my house."

"Technically it isn't a house at all." Ray interrupted,"It's an apartment."

I smiled listening to the five total other people slightly argue in a friendly way.

They did argue but it was in a nice way. Sort of sarcastic too. Whenever a snide remark was made, it was with laughter.
And if that doesn't say friendship I don't know what does.