23

Ignore any typos guys

Michael POV

I can't hate Gavin. I mean I can, but I can't. He's Gavin.

I can yell at him, I can ignore him, I can be angry, sad, happy, or even upset with him but this wasn't one of those times.

When he first told me about everything, I was mad. I really was. But then it hit me that he wasn't lying. He was telling the truth. That was his past, and he had a rough one.

The british idiot could have told me sooner, but I guess I respect how long he waited. It was his personal life and where was I to burst in and listen to it all.

Exactly. No where.

Because I was busy being angry at him for not telling me.

And. Now. I guess it all clicks together like one big story.

He was new to Austin. He was new to life. He didn't know what or where he was or even what he was doing. But he happen to stumble upon a group of five dudes who took him in.

He didn't know about school because he had never been outside let alone had an education. Yet he was smart. He didn't need one. He was smart, yet still the love able idiot that I honestly can't be mad at.

And he was right before when he told me he could take care of himself. He's a big boy and back at the fight at school he could have done it by himself. But I was too stubborn to say anything and he was too quiet to stop me from defending him.

Now here we are. Him having brought us into this sci-fy society where humans have wings and special abilities. A world within the real world where humans are hunted down because they aren't meant to live, love, or feel.

They were meant for some other purpose, something that I dont know. Something that Gav probably doesn't know. But we all are those hunted humans. All six of us.

And we need to figure it out.

Before it gets out of hand.

"We've heard so much about you." The blonde girl in front of us said as she lead us through the city of Las Vegas.

"We've?"

She nodded,"We."

The girl had practically come out of no where while Gavin was gone and she had mentioned being like us. Except we were like we because she had wings longer. Almost as long as Gav.

But now her wings were covered by a black leather jacket, that surprisingly was big enough to hide everything.

I tugged at the dark blue sweatshirt given to me by Gav. He had gotten everyone something to cover their wings as well as something comfortable.

"What do you mean we?" I asked.

"Everyone knows about you."

"Everyone?"

My eyes widened at the thought of everyone knowing about us.

"Well not everyone." She answered,"I mean everyone like us."

"So basically a couple of people who look like us?" Geoff asked solemnly following us.

"Not exactly." She smile turning toward us as she stopped at an alley. "New comers first." She waved her hand toward a small crack between two buildings.

Everyone was silent except for the footsteps and conversations of people on the opposite side of the street.

I shrugged and worked my way over and in between the walls. And I have to say, it was a tight fit with wings. I felt them squishing against my back and although they don't look attached to me, they are. And it hurts flattening them like this.