13

Michael POV

"Geoff is going to be okay, don't worry." I nearly mumbled yet in a meaningful, stern way.

"How are we to not worry Michael? Geoff is practically gone and you're treating it like its normal!" Ryan shouted at me in the dark.

As of now all 5 of us were still walking. Well 4, since I was carrying Geoff's limp body.

"And to top it off, we have these stupid wings!" He continued pointing behind him.

"Look Ryan. I know you're older. I know you're upset. But I don't appreciate you saying I don't care about Geoff."

"If you cared we wouldn't be here right now! We would be at a hospital! With nurses! And doctors! And he could get treate-"

"Stop Ryan." I mumbled loud enough for Ray, Jack, and Ryan to hear.

It was dark, no lamps, no cars. But the sun was indeed rising making the sky a slight shade of pink and purple.

"I do care but I don't have to nerve to argue with you right now. Right now, we need to find answers." I said stopping in my tracks to look at him,"And the only place we can get answers, is from Gavin."

"Oh!" Ryan replied clapping his hands,"So this is perfect. Five winged dudes, one dead, the other four skipping in meadows looking for answers."

"Shut up Ryan! We aren't in a meadow! We're on the fucking outskirts of Texas by now!"

Ray and Jack stood quietly, their backs facing Ryan and myself while we argued back and forth.

"Geoff is fine Ryan. He will be okay."

Ryan grunted in disgust while crossing his arms,"You wouldn't even know."

I shook my head and continued walking, one foot in front of the other while Ryan continued to ramble behind me.

"So that's it! You're just going to let Geoff die?"

I could see Ray flinch out of the corner of my eye as soon as the word 'die' left Ryan's mouth.

"I'm not going to let him die. I'm going to protect him."

"You cant protect something that is in Geoff's current state! You couldn't even protect yourself... from even Gavin." He said and I could obviously tell he was talking about my eye.

"Don't bring Gavin into this Ryan."

"Don't bring Gavin?" said Ryan chuckling with sarcasm,"He started it. And!" He said with a higher tone,"He abandoned us."

"Leave Gavin be."

Ryan grunted once more while my feet stepped in a small puddle from the previous rain.

Out of my ears I could hear three other pairs of feet walking in the same puddle behind me. And right now I don't care what Ryan has to say.

Yeah, Geoff isn't in a good state. Yeah, he's limp and probably gone.. But I'm not just going to let Ryan talk bad about me or even Gavin.

It doesn't matter what Gavin did, or what I couldn't have done. What matters is getting away from society.

We can't just stroll into a hospital with wings. Someone will think we're freaks. That or major cosplayers.

Either way I know Geoff won't be able to get any help and neither will we.

If we stroll into a public hospital I risk putting both Jack, and Ray in harms way. Including Ryan too.

If someone were to find out about... The wings... Well I don't know what would happen.

But I sure as hell am not going to be put into a zoo for human entertainment. The thought of being behind bars made me cringe while I looked down with my eyes closed.