27

Gavin POV

I didn't know where I was going. But it didn't care. All I knew was I needed to get as far away as possible. But now looking at what was in front of me, I suddenly became nervous.

The large building in the middle of no where. The normal looking building that has abnormal experiments going on inside.

The lab.

I gulped down a lump forming in my throat and started on foot.

While flying I noticed anything flying into the same area ended up getting zapped and therefore falling to the ground. I counted many birds that were oblivious without intelligence fall to the ground.

And I wasn't going to be one.

With the IQ of the lab techs, they most likely added some sort of force field to prevent anything from going into the premises. And it's almost impossible to see from above, the building that is.

I hope the guys understand why I needed a break. Hopefully Ray will explain. He was there.

From outside the building, I approached with caution. Knowing everyone here, I'm almost positive that they would be willing to shoot me on site.

But instead I came for an agreement.

A compromise.

With myself.

If I were to turn myself in, they would leave the guys be. As well as the community. They would have to let every other hybrid out there live and be free. And I would stay.

The thought of staying here made my eyes burn. Crying. It was new to me but I knew when it was about to happen. I held back the tears as I walked on the hard ground, my feet brushing rocks here and there, I stopped in my tracks.

A red beam shot down from above the building, landing on from what I could tell, my forehead.

"Identify yourself."

I nearly choked,"Gavin. I-I mean 12001."

The beam disappeared and instantaneously guards flooded the area. They wore white hazmat suits with helmets that were rounded with a visor in the front. Their feet pounded the Earth as they rushed over to me with guns drawn.

Large ones with barrels the size of someone's arm.

And they were all pointed at me.

"Drop any weapons."

"I don't need weapons to kick your ass."

The men were silent and I raised my hands into the air above my head while I let my wings unfold to the ground.

One of the men nodded to another and he nodded to himself, making his way over to me with various chains.

There had to be at least one hundred men here.

What happened to all of the test subjects? Shouldn't they be doing the work?

He clasped a pain of chains around my wrists, feet, and even scratched a few to my wings.

As if on que, the chains disappeared between the two shackles, leaving the wrist attachments attached, but allowing me to move.

Kind of like what a dog might have. Kind of like collars but for my body.

They were white and glowed a tiny of blue in the middle.

And then it went red.

"Make any moves and you'll be killed on the spot."