9

Michael POV

A little over a week has passed since the british guy aka Gavin first arrived and to be honest no one seemed to mind.

He fit in perfectly with the group.

Well not perfectly. He was the quirky innocent lad of the group and throughout the school day he was the kid to tell everyone to tone it down when someone was talking or he would be the kid that always had at least three sharpened pencils.

That was just him.

Now take him and compare it to Ray, he would fit in. Rays the good one.

Now take Gavin and compare him to someone like Geoff or possibly me? And we would be complete opposites.

But we still got along quite well. Of course Geoff did joke Gavin a lot, hell we all did.

But there's something special about Gavin that we all can clearly tell. I mean I don't know what it is, but I know it's there.

Today was a peculiar day. I don't know why but it just was.

"So what do you wanna do later?" I asked Geoff as we walked throughout the long, narrow halls that all connected at some point.

"I don't know, it's Friday isn't it?"

I nodded,"At least I'm told. I don't check my calendar."

"Or your planner in this case."

"You can't be one to talk."

I pointed at his hands which were full of books and a clearly drawn on planner given to us by the schools board of Texas.

"Shut up and get to class." Geoff laughed slightly chuckling.

"We're going to the same place you prick." I slightly shoved him and he slightly shoved me back.

It was in fact Friday, and Fridays were normally the day that the group, even before Gav got here, all hung out.

Of course we do hang out during the week but on Friday's it was just different.

I can't explain it neither could Geoff or even Jack. No one could. It just felt different.

Don't get me wrong, we are high schoolers but we don't party. The closest thing to a party we would ever get is an online chat party in a game of Halo.

That's probably it.

And knowing Geoff and Ray, Ray would be winning and Geoff would just mess around.

That's usually how it goes other than going out to eat or possibly going to the movies.

Occasionally we would go to some lousy party that one of us got invited to, it would mostly be for Ryan but he always claimed he would never go without us.

"Yeah but I need to be fashionably late so you need to walk in before me." Geoff replied making me smirk.

"Yeah because the Geoff Ramsey has to be fabulous with an entrance."

"Yeah I do. It's a thing."

"Since when!" I yelled partially laughing over all the kids around me.

All around Geoff and I were the kids if our generation.

Well more like Geoff's generation because of Ray and I with the exception of Gav, all in advanced courses.

There were kids running around like maniacs, kids on their phones walking into things, people slamming other people's lockers shut.