2

Gavin POV

And then I woke up. Yet this time everything was different, including my left wing.

I looked over to my side, pain shooting through the tip of my primary feathers all the way to my left shoulder.

"Jesus." I managed to mumbled through gritted teeth.

And then I did the stupid.

I reached out to stroke my wing.

As soon as my fingertips came in contact with the feathers, the applied pressure only made it worse.

But I continued to present the feathers in a downward fashion from inside my small 16 year old boy sized crate.

My wing was smooth as far as I could tell, nothing wrong with it. Until I stumbled across a slight bump near the middle of it.

"What..?" My accent poking through.

Reaching over to extend my wing a bit more, I then realized a faint beeping noise in the distance.

Yet it wasn't in the distance, I just have selective hearing. Another pro of being 2% avian.

Up closer I could see the faint outline of a small square, which must be the thing Dan was holding before I was knocked out.

But hey, if you were stuck in a facility for years, you would try to get out too wouldn't you?

But this was my life.

Every day.

I was cut out of my thoughts when the door across the room swung open and in came a man with a tray in his hand.

Food.

Immediately I pressed myself against the metal bars in interest for the food.

Being avian means I need to eat a lot. Which means a lot of calories. Which also means lots of money.

But that doesn't work here, here I'm stuck eating whatever garbage they can pull out of the trashcan.

In disgust I sat back, leaning against the side of the crate.

"So when will you guys decide not to feed me rubbish?"

The man snickered,"When pigs fly."

"If you can make me fly, make a pig fly. Common sense."

He set the tray down way too far out of reach but it wasn't like I planned on eating anyway, the pain was too unbearable.

I tried to chuckle as I watched him go but I didn't get far.

As soon as the door shut, it opened again.

This time with a frantic Dan stumbling over his own feet toward me.

"10027." He whispered very loudly making it like a mini scream.

"Gavin."

"Whatever Gavin."

I watched as he was quick, stumbling over to me and stopping to open the hinges holding me in.

"Great. More testin-"

"No Gavin. Just do as I say."

I furrowed my forehead,"What?"

He quickly opened up the crate but I didn't move.

"What are you doing!" He whispered shouted making gestures for me to come out.

But I still didn't move.

Pointing at him I said?"What are you doing is the question."

He ran his hands into his hair, stopping to grab ahold of pieces.