24

Gavin POV

Closing the door behind me with a small thud and the release of the door knob, Michael turned around to see me with a smile.

I smiled too and trudged over to where he was, all the way across the room. The room was well.. Roomy. It was large. By far one of the largest I've seen despite the fact that I haven't seen much of this world.

He kicked off his shoes and plopped down onto a couch that seemed small compared to everything else. Everyone seems to be making themselves at home but I was unsure so far.

Although I was iffy, I sat across from him on a king size bed with white pillows, shams, and comforters. Stacked with blankets, I pushed a few of them aside seeing it was suddenly hotter than before.

"Yeah.. I did want to talk." I mumbled and the Jersey boy said he wanted to talk too.

"Back at the lab." I said grabbing a hold of my arm. Before continuing I noticed Michael's wings relax on him. His shoulders lowered and he slouched a bit more, allowing for comfort.

I did the same. Mine spreading across the bed, taking up its full length and hanging over the edge.

Our wings were rather similar.

"How'd you know." He said leaning forward with his hands crossed over a glass table.

"What'd you mean.." I spoke softly, although I knew what he meant. With wandering eyes, I didn't look at him.

"I mean, obviously we all got these from you." He replied shaking his shoulders a bit.

"I-I don't remember everything I told you before." It was true. It had happened so fast back there that I don't quite remember all the details. "It's just... You're right.. I should have told you before."

He nodded waiting for me to continue.

"And I guess I should have told the guys too."

He nodded again.

"And I guess also shouldn't have gotten you all into this."

With my words, he leaned back on the black couch. It's colors being different from the pale walls and the white carpet.

"Look. I know I made mistakes. But when I first came here, well. Not here." I spoke about Austin not underground. "I didn't to get involved. Hell I didn't want to even go anyway except away from all the experiments and tests.

I wanted to be free and I finally was. And I wound up in Austin. Then some how at your school with everyone else. And you all became my friends."

He waved his hands in front of him to signal for me to stop.

"How do I know you aren't lying? You've obviously lied before to me."

"I'm not lying this time Michael. I'm being serious. This is me. The real me."

He let out a huff of air. "Then tell me who Gavin Free actually is."

"From the beginning?"

"From the beginning."

And so I did. I told him everything. From the number I was given to the multiple experiments done on me. I told him how I ended up escaping with the help of Dan. And I even told him how Dan was one of the people who hurt me.

"It was different coming from Dan. He took me through the halls and eventually made me go through a window. And that's how I left. It was a struggle at first..." I smiled remembering how I was unable to fly at first. My smile fade when I remember that boy who tried to kill me.