35

Ignore zee typos k bai

Gavin POV

"Well now what." I muttered and looked down at the white puff of cloud that began to fade to grey with the loss of daylight.

The sun was on the verge of breaking the horizon and it was no longer setting but more or less gone, the sky a pale grey to match my feelings and the gloom that now began to linger in the atmosphere.

No one understands.

"We fight back."

"You wanted to fight back last time by going to government officials and now look where we are." My words came out rather harsh and I slyly looked away.

"Sorry..."

We didn't know where we were going at the moment but we also didn't know where Michael would be either. For all we know the operation didn't even happen. For all we know he could be halfway across the world by now and here we are wandering around looking for the slightest guide.

"It isn't your fault." Jack said to me and I disregarded it.

Because to me, it was my fault. It was all my fault. I told myself I wouldn't let him get hurt. I wouldn't let any of them get hurt and now look where we are. First I felt guilty for even making them into freaks and then they were experimented on and forced away from their families.

Some seriously injured and others mentally scarred. And now Michael is gone.

I felt empty inside like half of me was missing.

And it sounds cliche to say but Michael was my other half. Literally. His wings were the opposite of mine. His personality opposite of mine. He was just my opposite but at the same time my best friend and other half that I needed to be safe along with everyone else.

The guys don't understand either.

"We regroup." Geoff said which was an obvious given.

The wind blowing my hair back, I swallowed still knowing that I was supposed to kill them. But I'm not. I used it as an escape to get away but I know Dan is out there somewhere. Waiting. Watching. He knows what's happening. And I feel like he's using it to get me back.

Sooner or later he's going to resort to hunting us down again and this time killing us with ease shouldn't be a problem. He's become more advance and gaining an advantage with each day that passes.

His workers now more human than before, it's hard to know who to trust.

"There's something I have to say." I quickly blurted out.

Ryan laughed.

What was funny? This wasn't the time to laugh. Michael was gone. Everything falling apart.

His flying halted and he hovered in the same spot causing everyone else to stop, I grabbed Ray's wrist so that he would stop too and he jolted back bumping into me.

"We know." Ryan said.

"What?"

"We know. About the thing." He paused and put his hands on his hips even though we were in the atmosphere. "Jack found the gadgets in the dumpster. Geoff accidentally threw his glasses in the dumpster, emphasis on accidentally, and Jack saw the gadgets and technologies."