Chapter 33

"I have to get rid of you in my heart to live again

"I have to get rid of you in my heart to live again."
— Song: 'TO BE OR NOT TO BE' by 'ONEUS'.

Dabi hadn't said a single word about you, not even to Toga and Twice. Toga would occasionally bring up a memory with you and Twice would join her in her conversation, but Dabi would ignore them. He didn't look sad anymore. He looked emotionless, stoic— other than a small smirk whenever he would roast someone (literally and figurely).

~

"Why did he...?" Enji trailed off as he eyed the doctor. The doctor gulped by his intimidating gaze. "Stress." The doctor replied as he glanced at Shoto who was now sleeping on the hospital bed with you besides him (since you refused to leave his side).

'Stress?'

~

"Are you okay, Shoto?"

"Hm."

"Does it hurt anywhere?"

"No."

"...Do you want to some of my candy?"

"No, thank you."

"..."

Shoto quite liked the special attention you started giving him once he got home from the hospital. It made him feel all warm and loved. He smiled slightly at you. "I'm fine, don't worry." He reassured you. You seemed unconvinced as you looked at him with concern. "The doctor said you fainted because you were stressing? Fuyumi said that means you were worrying too much about something. What were you worried about? Why were you worried?" You asked innocently. Shoto swallowed. "It was because of you." He said as he gave you a cold look.

Your lips started quivering as you looked at him with tears in your eyes. "M-Me?!" "Yes, you." Shoto replied. You broke down in loud sobs. "(y/n)?!" Fuyumi came rushing towards you two. "What happened?" She asked. She looked at Shoto who was still emotionlessly staring at you without moving a muscle. "Shoto? Did you make her cry?" Fuyumi asked surprised as she frowned slightly. "No." Shoto replied. He patted your head. You sniffed as you looked at him.

When Fuyumi left, you glanced at Shoto. You fiddled with your fingers as you looked upset at the ground. "What did I do...? Was I being mean?" You asked softly. "You played with Hawks. That made me upset. I don't like seeing you with other people. It makes me upset." Shoto responded. "Oh..." You looked down. "But you're not my only friend..." You looked up again. "My other friends will get upset if I don't play with them." You added.

"Are they more important than me?" Shoto asked. You didn't flinch despite him looking slightly angered. "No. Are you...umm...what was it called again? ...Ah, jealous." You said. "Are you jealous, Shoto?" You asked. He gritted his teeth. 'Jealous...?'
"So what if I am?" He replied. "Ummm...I don't know...Fuyumi said being jealous is not good." You replied. Shoto stayed quiet. He stared ahead of him, deep in thoughts.

One Month Later:

"Hurry! Hurry!" You shouted, bouncing up and down. "Calm down, please!" Fuyumi whined as she tried to button up your dress. She grabbed your backpack and put it on you. She fixed your hair which she had put in a very cute hairstyle with beautiful and cute hair accessories. You smiled cutely. Fuyumi giggled. "You look so cute~!" She squeezed your cheek gently. "Twank wou~!" You muttered against her cheek as you gave her a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

"Are you ready now?" Shoto asked. He smiled a little when he saw you. "Yes! Letz gooo~!" You cheered. 'I'm finally going to U.A.... My first day!' You thought as you smiled to yourself. Your small hand gripped onto Shoto's.

~

"So many people~." Your mouth slightly gaped open as you looked at the students. Many had unique quirks which you could see in their looks.

"Cool, right?" Shoto looked at you. "Nice pun~." You winked at him. "There was no pun intended..." He blinked, mumbling to himself. 'My quirk...? Ah, yes.'

"Todoroki-Kun!"

"Todoroki!"

You stopped in your tracks and spun around to face the students behind you and Shoto. "A-Ah, that must be your little sister! —I'm 'Midoriya Izuku', nice to meet you!" The green haired guy said. "Hi! I'm 'Todoroki (y/n)'! Nice to meet you all too!" You replied quickly. "Nice to meet you, (y/n)-Chan! My name is 'Uraraka Ochaco'!" The brown haired girl replied with a smile. "Nice to meet you, Todoroki
(y/n). I'm 'Iida Tenya'." The blue haired guy introduced himself.

'Just stay calm, Shoto.' This is Shoto's new strategy. He doesn't lash out and act suspicious like before anymore. Lately he has regained his composure. Fuyumi and Enji have also noticed this, they were happy Shoto stopped being so overprotective and possessive. (If only they knew— )

"Class is almost starting, let's hurry!" Uraraka commented. As you all were walking together to class, Uraraka slowly scooted closer to you. "Can I hold your hand...?" She asked a little embarrassed. One of your hands was occupied by Shoto's. He would never let go. Shoto stiffened. 'Just stay calm, Shoto.' He told himself once again. "S-Sure!" You replied awkwardly. Uraraka intertwined her hand with your free hand.

___

I hope this chapter didn't seem rushed!

Shoto fainted because of stress. He was stressing himself out too much. (I was thinking about Sogo from IDOLiSH7 while writing that. By the way, I love Sogo~! – And that anime).

Shoto of course quickly became better and realized he should take better care of himself otherwise he might get weak. He has to stay strong to be able to kill people and protect the reader (you), right?

The reader was startled and worried about Shoto and thus she/you gave him even more affection and tried to reassure yourself he is fine now. You wanted to 'take care of him'. Shoto of course wanted to use this in his advantage and thus tried to manipulate the reader. He wanted to make the reader feel guilty. "It was because of you."— Shoto.
He wanted to make the reader feel guilty about interacting with others.

When the reader asked Shoto whether he was 'jealous', he realized you knew what was going on. He realized he crossed the line— he was being too suspicious and thus Shoto thought of a new plan:

'Stay calm. Don't act suspicious. I will deal with them later.'