Chapter 16

"I lied to keep you happy

"I lied to keep you happy. I'm sorry for that, but...I'm not sorry for what I've done to make sure we stay together."—Todoroki Shoto.
...

"Well...I...had a nightmare about him...where he died..." You fiddled with your clothes.

"I'm sure he's fine." Endeavor replied shortly before walking away. He isn't good with words, whether it's giving a hero speech or comforting someone.

Later that day:

"Aww, thank you, Shoto." Fuyumi smiled when Shoto gave her a beautiful necklace which he had bought together with the bracelet you're now wearing.
Shoto softly smiled at her before his eyes trailed towards you. You seemed deep in thoughts and stared out the window, not paying attention to your favourite cartoon on the TV.

"She's been like that for awhile now." Fuyumi whispered at Shoto. "Will you talk to her?" She added. Shoto nodded. Fuyumi left the livingroom.

Shoto made his way to you. You felt him sit next to you. "Are you alright? Did something happen at the training?" Shoto asked worried.

"The training was great." You replied. "Really...? Wow, I'm glad." Shoto said surprised. You stayed quiet.

"Then...what's wrong?" Shoto spoke up, breaking the silent. "(c/n)." You said. "Oh..." Shoto frowned.

"The police will find him, don't worry." Shoto lied. You shook your head: 'No'. "If it wasn't a big deal, then he would be back by now!" You responded.

"Why are you thinking now about him? You were fine earlier, right?" Shoto said.

"It just happens...I can't forget about someone I love." You said, fiddling with the bracelet he gave you. Shoto held back an irritated sigh.

"His parents are worried too. I'm worried too." Shoto said. "You...are worried about (c/n)?" You asked.

"Yes. Of course. I will make sure the two of you meet again. You'll play with him just like before. I promise." Shoto said.

"But what can you do?" You pouted. "It's not like you can do anything." You added. "Yes I can." Shoto smiled slightly.

"Okay then. You'll bring (c/n) back." You smiled. Shoto nodded. "I will." Shoto said. 'I lied to keep you happy. I'm sorry for that, but...I'm not sorry for what I've done to make sure we stay together.' Shoto thought.

"(y/n)."

"Yes?" You looked up at Shoto.

"Do not trust others, okay? They will lie to you and break your heart." Shoto said.

"Who are 'others'?" You asked. "Anyone except I, Nee-San, mom/Okaa-San and Nii-San." Shoto responded. (EDIT: Forgot to add Natsuo, LOL).

"What about daddy?"

"Don't trust him."

"I will always trust him." You replied while frowning. You stood up and left the room.

Shoto felt angered and 'betrayed'. You didn't obey him like he wanted to. He wants you to listen to anything he says. He wants you to do anything he says. Because...'he's doing it for your good', isn't he?—Or is that only what he thinks?

You walked in the hallway. You wanted to go upstairs, to your room.

You abruptly stopped walking when you saw a colorful flyer laying on the ground by the front door. You took interest in the beautiful colors. You smiled a little and walked towards it, unaware of the blue eyes watching you.

You picked the flyer/advertisement from the ground and scanned it with your eyes. You gasped happily.

Shoto was still in the livingroom. He looked visibly irritated—his brutal thoughts about you coming back. Sometimes he worried whether you were safe with him, but he's confident of his self-awareness and control of anger.

"Shoto!" You shouted happily, running into the livingroom.

Shoto snapped out of his thoughts and looked up. He cleared his throat. "Yes?" He replied softly.

"Look! This looks fun!" You jumped up and down in excitement before shoving the flyer infront of his face.

"Oh, you want to go there?" Shoto asked. You nodded eagerly. "We can go together. Fuyumi can come too! I don't think daddy would want to come." You said. Shoto nodded.

"We will go soon." Shoto smiled slightly.