Chapter 13

"You didn't listen to me and now you paid for your mistake

"You didn't listen to me and now you paid for your mistake." Shoto said.

Enji was bandaging his hand which had gotten slightly hurt, ignoring his son. You looked intrigued at Enji's bandaged hand.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Shoto asked. Enji finally looked up and sighed through his nose. "Shoto...You are naïve, very naïve. You mostly act based on your emotions, you don't think about necessities and the feelings of citizens and heroes when it comes to (y/n). You only think you are right." Endeavor said. He stood up.

"I have nothing more to say. Thankfully, (y/n) is safe." Enji walked past him, before stopping midway in his tracks.

"And Shoto, next time you talk to me that way...I won't let it go this easily. Get a hold of yourself." Enji said. He shut the door behind himself, leaving you and Shoto alone in the room.

"Daddy is right."

Shoto immediately looked up when he heard you. You fiddled innocently with your fingers. "You worry too much..." You said.

Shoto 'tsk'ed and left the room before he could get mad at you- what he would definitely regret later.

Meanwhile:

"By the way...Dabi? Why are you getting so riled up? Is there something I don't know?" All For One said.

An awkward silence followed.

"No. Not at all." Dabi replied softly. "Dabi just wants to crush Endeavor and the plan of using (y/n)-Chan against him was very good, but we failed today. That's why Dabi got a bit upset. That's it. Isn't it, Dabi?" Toga said. She glanced at Dabi from the corner of her eyes. Dabi swallowed. "Yes. That's it." Dabi said.

"I see...You are right. We all hate him." All For One said.

"You owe me one now." Toga whispered at Dabi and stuck her tongue out. "Go to hell." Dabi muttered under his breath.

...

"It's insane, isn't it? Nee-San? Say something." Shoto said. Fuyumi hummed slightly, ignoring him.

"Nee-San?" Shoto stood now infront of her. "He put her in danger. I told him he shouldn't bring her—"

"Enough." Fuyumi cut him off. "Shoto, you are not yourself anymore. You have gotten extremely overprotective over (y/n), you keep blaming others as if they want (y/n) to get hurt- what they clearly don't-, you have gotten more whiny and you always think you are the only one who can and want
(y/n) to be safe." Fuyumi said sternly. Shoto looked shocked by her unusual outburst.

"I-I'm sorry, I spoke too much." Fuyumi sighed. She walked away, leaving a confused Shoto behind.

...

"Yo, Shoto? How are you? Is (y/n) ok?" Natsuo had called Shoto.

"Yes. She is fine. Luckly nothing bad happened to her because of Endeavor." Shoto replied through the phone.

"What do you mean?" Natsuo asked. Shoto sighed in response. Natsuo stayed silent, waiting for his answer.

"That man took my (y/n) to the Hero Festival with him. He put her in danger." Shoto said.

"Oh...It was an accident, I'm glad she's safe." Natsuo responded.

"An accident? You are letting it slide just like that?" Shoto asked bitterly.

"Shoto, it's not like that. I—"

"Say no more, Nii-San." Shoto replied angrily.

Natsuo sighed. "I want to talk to (y/n). Can you—?"

Shoto cut him off by abruptly ending the phone call.

"Sho?"

"Go away." Shoto said angrily when he saw it was you. You flinched. "Why?" You asked. "You are mad...?" You looked confused.

"You will pay for your disobedience..." Shoto hissed under his breath without looking at you.

"What?" You asked when you didn't hear what he said.

"Nothing." Shoto walked away.

Late in the evening, same day:

"Dabi? What's up, man?— Hahaha, are you sad?!" Twice said. He slapped himself by his bipolar acts. "Sorry. Are you ok?" Twice asked softly, he came and sat next to the black haired male.

"I'm fine." Dabi frowned, hating the fact that he might seem vulnerable.

"Hm? It doesn't look like that. Speak up. I'm listening!" Twice said. He gave a thumbs-up.

Dabi was silent for a few seconds before he finally responded. "The girl...(y/n)...She isn't really safe at home."

"What makes you say that?" Twice raised his eyebrow. Dabi hesitated, but continued talking—speaking his heart out to someone made him feel good somehow.

"Her father is training her too hard...which results in her getting injured. Her brother is a bit..."

"A bit what?"

"Not really sane anymore. Who knows what he will do to her to get her stay with him like a little free bird getting captured in a small cage." Dabi sighed.

"Oh..." Twice said, trying to keep himself from saying anything 'smart' and bipolar.

"How weird. I'm having a normal and personal conversation with you." Dabi looked at Twice and chuckled slightly.

" 'Personal'?" Twice tilted his head in confusion. 'What is Dabi hiding from us?'  Twice thought.

Dabi flinched. "Well, uh...It's not like I talk about such things to anyone." Dabi cleared his throat.

"I see...—Weirdo!" Twice said. He slowly covered his mouth with his hand. "Sorry. I will leave now!" Twice's voice came muffled behind his hand as he awkwardly walked away.

"You are the weirdo here..." Dabi muttered under his breath.