Chapter 20

(EDIT, 8 August 2021:
In case the OST here underneath won't play while you're reading: I also put it here above, so you can try to click on that one instead the one here underneath, it's the same video and OST).

"(y/n)?! (y/n)?!" Shoto gasped, reaching his hand out. He grabbed onto nothing.

"Am I...just hallucinating?" Shoto muttered. He swallowed as he looked around. Your image would appear for his eyes, but 'you' would disappear before he could get to 'you'.

Shoto bumped into a man. "Are you okay?" The man asked concerned, seeing Shoto looking bewildered. "Yes! I'm fine!" Shoto shouted. The man was a bit weirded out by Shoto, but gave a nod and walked away.

Shoto sat against a wall in an alleyway. His breath became unsteady and his vision became blurry. His eyes closed slowly.

"Sho?"

Shoto's eyes snapped open.
"(y-y/n)...?" Shoto called. His mind was just playing with him, making him slowly more and more insane. His eyes trailed towards a man walking with a little girl who seemed around your age, maybe slightly older. He felt jealous. 'Why can't I be with (y/n)?'

"Excuse me?" The high pitched voice made Shoto snap out of his train of thoughts. He saw the little girl from before with her guardian standing besides her.

"Are you 'Todoroki Shoto'?" The girl asked. Shoto's mouth felt dry. He only nodded in response. "I hope you find your little sister soon." The man said.

"Do you...Do you know where she is...?" Shoto narrowed his eyes and gritted his teeth. "No, of course not." The man responded.

~

"Aahhhh! Answer!" Midoriya whined, dialing Shoto's number again. Uraraka clenched her fists and held her breath in, waiting for the Todoroki to pick up the call.

"H—...Uhm.—Hello?" Shoto replied through the phone. His bloody hands were trembling slightly. Midoriya sighed in relief. Shoto glanced at the bloody corpse of the man and the strangled little girl on the ground.

(EDIT: In case you don't know why Shoto killed the man and child: Killing people 'calms' him down now. Shoto didn't like that the man mentioned the reader and he was jealous since the man and his child could be together while he couldn't be with the reader. )

"We are worried about you! You weren't at school and didn't answer our calls." Midoriya said. Uraraka listened quietly since Midoriya's phone is on loudspeaker.

"Yeah, sorry...I wasn't really looking at my phone and I guess I accidentally left it on mute..." Shoto said.

"Ummm...We...know what happened...Everything will be alright, Todoroki-San." Midoriya said.

"Midoriya, we will talk later, okay? I'm outside now." Shoto said. He looked around, luckly for him—no one is close by.

"Got it! Take care! Goodbye!" Midoriya responded.

"Goodbye." Shoto said and ended the call.

"I'm 'weak', huh?" Shoto sighed. He looked at the two corpses. "Villain or hero...I don't care anymore." Shoto whispered.

"Shoto! Where are you?! Shoto!"

"Nee-San..." Shoto muttered. He used his ice, blocking the entrance of the alleyway. Shoto heard Fuyumi's footsteps coming closer.

"Shoto! What are you doing?! Are you alright?!" Fuyumi shouted.

"I'm fine! Please leave me alone for awhile." Shoto replied. He of course didn't want her to see the dead bodies.

"Shoto...I know you are upset...I'm too. Can you...Can you please melt the ice, so we can talk properly? Shoto?" Fuyumi said.

"Nee-San, I don't want to talk to you right now, leave." Shoto growled, making Fuyumi flinch.

~

Dabi frowned at Shigaraki. "So...what's the meaning of this?" Dabi asked. "Do I have to repeat myself thousands times?" Shigaraki said annoyed. He scratched his throat, feeling irritated. "I and (y/n) are going on a mission. A very heroic mission to see if she can help us in our group." Shigaraki said.

Shigaraki put his arm around your waist, pulling you closer to himself in a hug. " 'Cause we are friends, right? Right?! You trust us, (y/n). Right?!" Shigaraki smiled creepily. You tried to get free from his grip. "Y-Yeah..." You muttered.

Dabi pulled you away from Shigaraki. "Okay...I will come too." Dabi said. "No." Shigaraki frowned.