Chapter 7

(g/n)= girl's name/your bestfriend

A few days later:

"Sho...?"

No answer.

"Sho...? Shoto?"

Silence.

He was ignoring you. You gulped, feeling anxious. "...U-Umm...Is daddy-?" You got cut off. "Don't call him that." Shoto replied.

"...When is he coming back?" You asked. "That doesn't matter. I'm here with you, that's all what matters now." Shoto replied.

"...You should go to school, right?" You said. "I have time left." Shoto replied shortly, hugging your smaller form.

The clock was ticking and the room was uncomfortable silent. What was going on...?- Fuyumi was hanging out with some friends. Natsuo was at his college/university. And Enji was working.

Shoto was babysitting you, but he was acting weird. "You have to bring me to school...I think we should go now." You said. Shoto didn't reply. His silence was annoying you a bit, but you couldn't say anything.

'People. They are in the way...They are in the way-.'

"Shoto?"

Shoto snapped out of his trance. "(g/n) wanted to play with me after school. Can I stay at her house?" You asked.

"No." Shoto replied, barely above a whisper. You looked disappointed. "Why not?!" You whined.

Shoto felt like a control freak. But he didn't want you to go to (g/n)'s house. He was worried about a lot of things and (g/n)'s father was at their home.- Shoto didn't like the idea of strangers- men close by you.

"It's-...Can't (g/n) come here...?" Shoto asked. You hummed as you thought for a few seconds. "I'll ask!" You beamed.

'Kids...people. Teachers. That black haired man...Why are they getting close to my little sister? Will they hurt her? Will they make her sad? Will they do something bad to her? Endeavor...Endeavor...
Endeavor...He hurt her. He hurt her...'

"Shoto?"

'He hurt her and yet...I'm just sitting here, doing nothing...I feel disgusted. What do I do? I have to-.'

"Shoto!" You shook him. Shoto's thoughts were abruptly interuppted by you.

"Oh...Sorry." Shoto said softly. "Let's go to school!" You said, pulling on his hand.

You were skipping happily while holding Shoto's hand when you two were on your way to your school.

'Why isn't (y/n) homeschooled...? It's dangerous...' Shoto thought.

Yes, in the past few days he had gotten more and more overprotective and anxious when it came to you and your 'safety'.-When it came to you interacting with other people.

Time skip, same day:

"What did you want to talk about, Shoto? I'm busy." Enji said. He sat at the desk in his office.

"It's about (y/n). I feel like it's better if she gets homeschooled." Shoto said. Enji stopped reading through his paperwork and eyed his son. "Why?" He asked.

"It's dangerous. I think someone is watching her. I don't want anything bad to happen to her." Shoto replied. "Someone is watching us...huh? I had that feeling too..." Enji seemed in thoughts. He gave a slight nod.

"Alright then." Enji said. Shoto felt relieved. He nodded and left the office.

Time skip, same day:

"No! I wanna go to school!" You whined. Shoto was looking surprised. He didn't expect you to be throwing a tantrum, but he realized you had gotten pretty close to most of your classmates.

"You deal with that." Enji walked away just like that.

"(y/n)...Uhm, you can still play with them. I mean, they can come over-" Shoto got cut off by you.

"No...Sho...No. It's not fair." You started crying.

'How dare she- No, wait- It's their fault for getting close with her...How can she miss them when she's with me? Why does she like them so much?' Shoto felt irritated, but he remained cool (pun intended) from the outside.

"You have me."

"What?" You looked up, wiping your tears away. "Why would you want to play with other people when I'm here?" Shoto asked bluntly.

You fiddled with your fingers. "It's nice to have other friends too...and they share the same age with me..." You said. "Oh..." Shoto frowned slightly, unpleased by your words.

"And..." You gripped your dress/pants in your hands, staring at your lap.

"And...?" Shoto glanced at you, mentioning you to continue talking.

"I like a boy..." You giggled.