Chapter 10- Azrael

Mason

Mason.

Mason.

"Mike's little brother?" I question, blinking down at Rico. He grimaces because he knows the outcome won't be nice, a matter of fact it's going to be real fucking ugly as soon as I see the fucker.

"Yeah." He whispers, his eyes glazing over as he glances down at his bruised knuckles.

"You fought back?" I watch as he bows his head down in shame before nodding solemnly at me.

I say nothing before turning around to face the principal, "Tell me what happened." I demand. I was fed up with this bullshit. I was sick of the school system for allowing these things to happen. Why couldn't me and my little brother just go to school in peace? Why did we have to fight the world about it?

She swallows nervously, eyes moving rapidly between the three of us, "I called to inform you about Rico. He had been involved in an altercation earlier with another student." Okay? I fucking know this already, "Unfortunately for Rico, we have decided to suspend him." She sighs.

I sputter out in disbelief, "You can't be serious! Look at his fucking face!" I practically scream.

She does and I don't miss the grimace, "If anything he is lucky. The other student is currently in the hospital getting stitches." She hesitates before speaking again, "I think the punishment is fair." She finishes, folding her hands as she tries to hide her nerves.

"The hospital..?" I could feel the color draining from my face. Rico put someone in the hospital? Holy fucking shit, "You did what?" I turn around so fast to face him.

"I didn't mean to, I swear." He defends weakly, his eyes watering up with tears that have my insides softening immediately. I could see his regret clearly. It was written all over him. He looked so ashamed and super guilty.

"It's okay." I usher quickly, brushing his curls back. "Relax, mano." I soothe, watching as he takes a shuttering breath to keep himself from crying. "You're not in trouble, I just..." I pause, "I just don't understand." I tell him, unsure how to react.

"Well, he's suspended." The principal interrupts as if I didn't hear the bitch the first time.

"How long?" I ask, keeping my eyes trained on Rico.

"Ten days." I shut my eyes as soon as I hear that statement. That was not good. It meant Rico would be stuck in the house with our mother for ten fucking days. I could practically feel the fear rolling off of Rico right now. What was I supposed to do now?

I nod. I don't offer any response before gently pulling Rico to his feet amd walking out of the office with a tense looking Lucio following behind. "A." I ignore him at first, I just needed a moment to take this all in, "Azrael, please." The desperation in Rico's voice has me stopping.