Chapter 13- Lucio

The school halls are quiet today

It was actually quite peaceful and gave me enough time to process my thoughts. This school was a probably a place I'd never thought I'd come back to. I never thought I'd see these halls again or see these teachers again. I never thought I'd see my old locker again or my old friends but here I was. This place was supposed to be left in the past. It was supposed to die just like I was except I didn't.

I survived my hell.

I remember thinking about my brothers when I was away. I would always wonder what they were doing or how they were doing in school. If they were passing or failing, sometimes I would even worry if they thought or wondered about me but even though they were constantly on my mind, Azrael would never leave. It was like she was fucking glued down to my brain. I could never get her to leave my head no matter how hard I tried. I couldn't even get myself to fall in love with someone else because I was so in love with her.

I was probably eleven when I first realized I had a crush on Azrael. It was a weird feeling and I didn't know what to do so I shrugged it off. The second time I realized it was when I went with her to pass out her little girl scout cookies. She was so excited and it was so fucking hard to look away from her when her eyes brightened and her smile shined so prettily but again I just shrugged it off, thinking it was probably a faze.

The third time was probably the worst because I beat the crap out of my brother when I was thirteen. I got jealous because I thought he also had feelings for Azrael as well when I caught him and her asleep together on the sofa after watching the Lion King. It was when I realized I couldn't shrug it off anymore and ran to her father, telling him something was wrong with me.

I don't think I've ever seen him laugh so hard. He told me nothing was wrong with me, that it was bound to happen especially since we were always together. I remember crying because I thought everything was going to change except it didn't. Her father had told me to do something about it and so like the simp I was, I did. I brought her flowers and told her she looked pretty that day. She blushed. Really damn hard. I couldn't help but feel smug about it as I watched her thank me shyly as she gave me a hug.

She was so damn pretty. I remember when I first met her, I thought she was the prettiest girl in the world. I don't exactly recall what age but I had met her in one of the woods, near our streets. She has been hiding up in one of the highest trees, painting the damn branches while I was playing manhunt with my brothers and other kids around my age. She had offered me a hiding spot right beside her and I just couldn't refuse the chance.

"Who are you hiding from?" She questions softly, painting over the tree branch in soft strokes.

"My brother." I respond, watching from above as the other kids struggle to hide and run from him before turning all my attention back to the curly headed girl. She was pretty. Possibly the prettiest girl here. "Who're you?" I asked. I had never seen her around before.