Chapter 11- Lucio

I'm scared

I'm scared.

She was scared.

My fearless angel was afraid of something. Someone. The thought of it just made me even more angry. I felt the raging pit in my stomach grow. She was so close to telling me. So fucking close until she shut me out once again. It wasn't that she couldn't trust me. She was scared of what would happen after she finally admitted it.

What was I supposed to do now? I couldn't just let this keep happening to her. I had to do something.

I let out a long sigh before continuing my walk. I was headed to my childhood hideout, I had been avoiding it since I came back but now I need it. I just need some time to think and understand. Everything was overwhelming as it weighed on top of me. I was only nineteen with this many problems. Fuck. I couldn't keep doing this. I could feel myself spiraling. Everything in me was just begging to give up. I was so fucking exhausted. I was hurt. I was angry. I was guilty. To many fucking emotions were hitting me all at once and it was to much.

"What the fuck are you doing?" A voice sighs, snapping me out of my self sabotage. Lifting my head up to meet the culprit, I come face to face with my younger brother Lucas.

He was perched calmly while leaning up against the tree with he blank face. Lucas was stone cold bastard with a warm heart. He cared so deeply for everyone but was just scared to show it, "You've been here the whole time?" I blurt, remembering his best friend had been looking for him.

"You were looking for me?" He raised an eyebrow in my direction.

I snort, "You're friend Milan, he was looking for you." I admit, watching is his eyes soften a bit. "He was trying to call you but you hadn't been answering." I finish.

He shrugs, "I wanted to be alone."

I didn't say anything just analyzed him. He had changed quite a bit. Not just the way he looked but the way he acted or sounded or maybe it was just the glint in his eyes that told me he wasn't okay. Lucas was going through something and he was doing a damn good job at hiding it.

We don't speak for a while, it's quiet amd peaceful. It wasn't tense or uncomfortable. It was just us. The world around us had calmed down as we breathed in the fresh air but then Lucas spoke, "How's Azrael?" He didn't say it with snark or any malice in his voice, he sounded genuinely concerned.

"Azrael..." I hesitate, I didn't know how to answer that, "I think someone is hurting her." So I just told the truth, it was probably wrong of me to say that. I shouldn't have told anyone unless Azrael had gave me the okay but I couldn't help it. I didn't know what to do. Lucas had been around her longer so maybe he knew something I didn't.

His facial expression doesn't even twitch, "Yeah? What makes you think that?"

I scowl, "I don't think, I know." I hiss, "I know i'm not the only one whose noticed the markings on her fucking skin. Everytime I fucking see her, she's sporting a new fucking bruise or scar." I was starting to feel emotional as my eyes watered, "Someone is hurting her but she's to afraid to admit it." I swallow thickly, blinking back any tears that try to appear, "She always on edge. I see the way she flinches at loud movements or even at the way I move my hands. Sometimes when me and her are arguing, she cowers into herself without even noticing." I finish my rant, running a hand throughout my hair.