Chapter 22- Lucio

I struggle to fall asleep as I think about the events that occurred throughout today

I struggle to fall asleep as I think about the events that occurred throughout today. My mind kept flashing back to the panic attack Azrael had at school. She looked so small and afraid....so different from the younger girl I grew up with. I keep thinking about how fucking angry I was at Nava for putting her hands on her, wishing she just left my sweet girl alone.

I feel my throat tighten at her confession in the car and feel a strong urge to burn the world down for making it so hard for her. I just couldn't understand why this was happening to her and then a huge fucking wave of regret hits me for leaving her and everyone else behind to struggle alone.

I could have stayed.

I let out a long sigh while reaching out to grab my phone before calling Azrael's contact. I stare up at the wall as she picks up on the last ring, "Hello?" She greets quietly, her voice shaking as if she's been crying.

"What's wrong, baby?" I ask, instantly alert as I sit up, concern rushing throughout my body in worry that she's hurt.

She sniffles, "It's just...I feel horrible for the way I handled things with Nava." She admits, "We use to do everything together and now I can't even look at her." She explains, her hiccups hitting me right through my chest.

My hands clench with the need to hold her, "Do you want me to come over?" I whisper, praying she says yes.

She's quiet for a moment, "I do." She replies, "But Rico and Loki are awake." She tells me, hesitantly.

"Where are they?" I ask.

I hear rustling on the other side, "Um...." She murmurs as I hear feet patter against the floor, "They're in the living room watching TV." She finally tells me, "Will Loki let you inside?" She asks, her voice dripping with worry.

I let out a silent laugh, "Don't worry about it, babe. I'll be there in a couple of minutes, yeah?"

"Yeah." She whispers, "Drive safe, I'll be in my room."

I smile, "Okay."

When the call ends, I jump out of bed before throwing a hoodie on and slipping on my slides as I exit my room. Kaio is already sitting on the front porch smoking a joint when I step out the house, "You okay?" I question, he and his sister had been quiet since coming home from the incident. I hadn't spoken to Nava in fear of lashing out on her so I kept my distance.

He barely glances at me as he shrugs, "Just tired." He croaks, "Where are you going?" He wonders, eyeing the car keys in my hand.

I bite my lip, "I'm going to see Azrael..." I respond quietly, feeling like shit when I see his face drop. I knew he felt like shit about the whole situation but it wasn't his fault, it was between Nava and Azrael.