Chapter 7- Lucio

She rips herself out of my hold before I even have time to blink

I didn't know who that was or what was happening but it had to be serious if it caused her to react so alarmingly. I watched as she stumbled out the small storage room in a hurry and I quickly follow her out.

My spine stiffens at the sight in front of me.

A white man stood directly in front of the store counter with his hand wrapped tightly around the collar of Rico's shirt, with two other men monitoring the door.  I glance back at Rico, noticing how pale he's gone before quietly pulling my phone out to send a text a quick text to Kaio.

I also notice Maria in the corner shaking with her hand against her cheek. The notion causes my my eyes to narrow. What the fuck? Did he hit her?

"Did you really think I was going to let you get away with putting your hands on me?" He snarls, kissing his teeth in the process at Azrael's lack of emotion.

She shrugs, "I was hoping." She doesn't even look his way, keeping her eyes solely fixed on her brother. "Get your hands off of my brother, Mike." Her tone was flat but her stare was vicious.

"Or what?" He provokes.

She takes a step forward with smile, "Let me ask you something." She takes another step. "Whose territory are you on right now?" Another step.

It takes a moment for everyone to finally process what she said. A small smirk grows on my face when I catch his face dropping. Azrael's earlier words ring in my head about the dangers that lurk in these specific sides of town. He didn't belong here. If he were caught by one of the street rats, he was done for.

"I told you I would kill you, didn't I? Get your fucking hands off of my brother." She hisses, her emotionless exterior long gone.

He doesn't.

So she attacks.

I move quickly on my feet, ripping Rico out of his grasp as soon as she launches herself at him. "Vete." I whisper towards Rico, pushing him in towards the small storage room and quickly rushing back to the scene. "¡Maria va con Rico!" I yell, barely sparing her a glance before rushing towards Azrael.

I pause when I notice the small pocket knife held against her throat. I could almost feel every muscle in my body tighten up with rage, "Ah, ah, ah." He chuckles at me when I make a move to stop him. "My problem is with the bitch. Stay out of it." He warns.

I kiss my teeth at the insult throw at her.

"I'll kill you." I shrug, rolling my shoulders while tilting my head towards Azrael. Her pretty brown eyes were almost a stormy black. Her jaw was tight, teeth gritted while trying to keep her neck as still as possible. Everything about her in this moment screamed dark and aerated. She was boiling on the inside, almost blinded by rage.