Epilogue

2 Month's Later

2 Month's Later

Azrael stood side by side next to her father in front of their old home. They both take a moment to remember everything. Good Memories and Bad Memories. Rico was born here. Azrael was abused here. Her father was taken from here. She met Lucio here. Her mother died here.

It's Azrael who breaks the silence, "You know when I got that phone call about you leaving, I was scared." She tell her father, "I was scared to be alone."

"I was scared too." He says, his voice weak.

"I know." She acknowledges, "I was scared because I thought I'd never see you again." She whispers, "Lucio had already moved and then you leaving had finally hit me that I was all alone. I couldn't go to mom because she didn't care. I couldn't go to Rico because he was to young." She explains, "I was so angry at the world because it wasn't fair. I thought to myself everyday that nobody could understand what I was going through." She feels his arm wrap around her shoulder, offering comfort.

"When I got that call I told myself I'd I have to deal with it." She tells him, "And if I couldn't then I'd learn." She remembers crying for weeks because of how much she missed her father. She cried because she was scared to take care of her little brother all by herself. "I think I was the most scared to fail." She admits.

"I was scared that Rico would hate me because he'd think I was a bad sister." She says, staring up at the house, "I was just afraid to fail."

Her father kisses her head, "But you didn't, he loves you more than anything."

Her throat tightens, "I thought I was going to die in this house." She whispers, "Not because of the abuse but because I was so depressed. I didn't want to live anymore but here I stand." She breathes.

"Here you stand." He repeats, "Stronger then ever."

Her eyes shut softly, "I didn't think I could do it." She repeats, remembering everything she had been through. Remembering every hit she took for her brother. Remember how many times she cried or hurt herself in the corner of her dark room, "But I did. I did it. I finally feel happy." She whispers, "I'm okay. I'm alive and I finally feel like I can breathe."  She finishes.

Her father's smile appears, "You did it, Mija. I'm proud of you."

WE DID IT GUYS !

WE DID IT GUYS !

Author's Note:

UGH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I'm just super grateful to everyone who read it. It was such a long journey and it's not even over yet. I ended the story like this because remember in the beginning when she got the call from her father about being deported ? but now he's here. It only felt right to end it with both of them.

This book is so close and dear to my heart because if was inspired by people I love and care about. Azrael is really special to me because I was such an angry person when I started this story. I projected all my feelings onto her so that it felt real. I didn't want to write a happy story bc the world isn't happy and it isn't easy. It's hard and it'll break you if you let it so thank you for reading my story.

THIS IS MY FIRST STORY EVER AND IT MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST TO YOU BUT ITS THE BEST THING EVER TO ME BECAUSE I PUT MY HEART AND SOUL INTO THIS STORY! I CRIED THROUGH MOST OF THE CHAPTERS SO PLEASE BE KIND AND IF YOU DONT LIKE THEN DONT READ IT!

I love you and I'll see you in next book.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE BABIESSSSSS