Chapter 9- Lucio

Jealousy

Jealousy.

Jealousy was an ugly thing.

Envy was a sin but right now it seeped and it burned throughout my bones. It ignited a fire in my chest. It flared throughout my body and flowed right through my bones as I watched the dark skin male throw Azrael into a fit of giggles. I watched as she threw  her head back prettily but her smile? Her smile was as beautiful and bright as the sun in the morning.

It killed me.

It killed me because I wasn't the one making her smile like that anymore. When was the last time she even smiled like that? When was the last time her eyes brightened like that ? Why the fuck was I so envious? Why was I jealous? Shouldn't I be happy that she was happy?

It was everything I've ever wanted for her so why was I so angry?

"Are you done staring?" Kaio scoffs, breaking me out of my thoughts. He had a bitter scowl on his face as he stabbed at his food.

"What the hell is your problem?" I narrow my eyes at him when his scowl deepens.

"Some fucking white kid named Chase kept fucking with me during 3rd period. I almost punched his fucking teeth in." He growled, shoving his plate away before turning to me, "What's up with the princess?" He drawls, tilting his head towards her.

Princess.

I hated when he called her that and he knew it, "What do you mean?" I grit, tossing him a dirty look when he smirked back at me.

"The bruises." He deadpans, "Where's she getting them from?"

I glance towards her way again, taking in how covered up she was in her oversized hoodie and sweatpants, "I don't fucking know." I turn my attention back to Kaio, "She won't tell me."

He snorts, "Why would she?"

Ouch.

"She doesn't have to tell you anything." He informs me, "You keep demanding a bunch of shit from her when you don't have that right." He tells me with no remorse. It was blunt, brutal, and honest like always.

I raise a brow up at him, "So you don't want to know whose responsible for the bruises on her skin?"

He scoffs, "Of course I do." He pauses, glancing back at her with soft eyes, "I just want her to trust us enough to tell us herself, y'know?" Yeah I did know
but that was going to take a long fucking time so no.

"Yeah." I shrug, deciding to keep my comments to myself before changing the subject, "You really think it's a good idea for her and Nava to finally speak?" I ask, genuinely curious. I didn't think it was a good idea. Nava hadn't spoken a word on the situation and Azrael was clearly avoiding it.