Chapter 5- Lucio

Do you ever just sit in silence wondering what your life could have been like if you made a different choice? That was me right about now as I drove through the Saturday morning in silence while lost in my thoughts

It had been two days since the talk with my brother's, I wouldn't say things went bad but it didn't end off good neither. All three reactions were different just as I expected but I had thought it would at least smooth things out a bit.

It didn't.

Loki had almost beaten the shit out of Kaio, instantly putting blame on him. It was an expected reaction so I didn't know why it shocked me so much. Loki was filled with rage, it was like the only emotion programmed in him.

Lucas stood quiet, he listened intently to me while I talked but kept his face blank and although he didn't say anything his silence was loud enough.

LeRoy I think probably took it the hardest. LeRoy is a person who doesn't know what to do with his emotions. He knows he has them and he knows how to show them but he doesn't know what to do with them so overall I think he was confused, pissed, sad, and lost all at the same time. He was feeling to many things at once so he left. He took Nava's hand, dragging her with him as he walked out the door.

None of us had spoken since.

It was weird.

It didn't feel right. I was always close with my brothers so us not speaking was really getting to me but I had to give them time to be sad, frustrated, and angry. I had to let them heal and accept.

Snapping away from my thoughts, I pull up into a parking lot of a small bodega. This place had brought back so many memories as a kid. Me and Azrael would come here all the time to help the mean el viejo when he was too tired. Azraels father would drop us off here everyday reminding us, "Sé amable con el viejo bastardo." I smile at the memory but it instantly drops when I realize he's not even here anymore.

Azrael's father had been taken away from her, Loki had slipped up and said it while he was throwing a tantrum in the living room of Kaio's apartment but as soon as he said it, my heart dropped. Azrael and her father were best friends, she looked up to that man. It hurt even more because he treated us as if we were his own. He took care of us. Drove us to school. Defended us. Protected us when our parents were being shitty. He was just a good man all in all.

It would never matter though because bad things only ever happen to the good people. The system didn't give a shit about us. They didn't care about the families who were being separated. They didn't care because they were never the ones who would have to go through what we go through.

They don't know. They don't want to know.

They didn't understand because they simply didn't want to.