Chapter 30- Lucio

I sit on my old bed, watching as Azrael rests beside me

I sit on my old bed, watching as Azrael rests beside me. It's been three days since the incident and I still haven't figured out how to tell her I killed Carla. She'd been way calmer since leaving the hospital, more relaxed. She hasn't had any episodes nor was she hearing voices. She was just peaceful.

Her curls were tied up on top of her head today.

My hand reaches out to caress her jaw. She was so pretty. The love in her heart. The pain in her past. The Sorrow in her scars. Everything. She was beautiful. Her ealier words ring in my head, I'm ugly and scarred. My teeth grit at how broken she sounded. So defeated and exhausted. I wanted to kill her mother all over again for ruining my angels self esteem.

Shit. How was I going to tell her I killed her?

Quietly, I leave a soft kiss against her temple before exiting the room and making my way down stairs. When I finally make it to the kitchen, I'm stopped short by the sight of Lucas. He was sat at the table focused on a piece of paper in front of him.

"What are you doing? I ask, watching as he lifts his head up in my direction.

He sighs, "Homework."

I just nod, looking around for my jacket. "You're leaving?" He wonders.

I shake my head, "Nah. The medication that the doctors prescribed for Azrael's wound is in the pocket of my jacket." I explain, finally catching sight of it by the living room couch. I glance at the time on my phone, "It's almost time for her to take it."

Lucas is quiet as he watches my movements, "Are you going to tell her?" He asks.

I falter, "You know?"

He scoffs, "Who do you think told me?"

"Oh. LeRoy right? He looked sick to his stomach after it happened." I tell him. I haven't spoken or seen LeRoy since then, it's been quiet here. I've been here a couple of days, refusing to leave Azrael until she was better.

Lucas's brows furrow, "What? No." He suddenly straightens, paling. "Rico was the one who told me." He suddenly states.

I freeze, "Rico knows?" I practically wheeze.

Lucas's eyes bulge, "You didn't tell him?! I thought you told him!" He hisses, lowly.

"Why would I tell him without telling Azrael first, stupid?" I hiss back as his stupidity, "Holy shit." I breathe, "Why hasn't he said anything? Did he seem upset?" I ask, looking towards Lucas whose deep in thought.

He bites his lip, "No but he did seem a little distant." He tells me, "He kept asking Loki if he and Azrael would be living with Matias now." He shrugs, his eyes falling back down to his homework as the words leave his mouth.