Chapter 17- Lucio

I smirk as I watch her face flush at my words before leaning forward and leaving a quick soft peck on her plump lips anyways, catching her by suprise

"Much better." I smile before leaning back. Laughing quietly to myself when I watch her take in a deep breathe to try and relax herself.

She kicks my chair, "Fuck off." She grumbles, "You didn't answer my question, why are you in here?"

"I missed you."

She scoffs, "Lucio!" She hisses and I think it's because her face won't stop heating up.

I chuckle, "The principle actually had me switch to this class because I needed the credit." Then I turn to Kaio whose watching us with squinted eyes, "He's not supposed to be here, he just followed me." I shrug pursing my lips.

"Excuse me?" Kaio scoffs, "I followed you Mr. 'Stay with me until Azrael gets here.' You are such an asshole, seriously." He grumbles before looking between us, "And did you just kiss her?" He asks.

"No."

"Yes."

Me and Azrael both reply at the same time and I turn towards her with raised eyebrows, "I didn't?"  I drawl, tilting my head at her.

She sighs before pulling out her sketch pad which immediately catches my attention, "You still into art?" I ask, watching as she rummages throughout her bag for a sharpened pencil.

"Yeah, I guess." She shrugs.

I frown, "You guess?" Focusing on the way her hand perfectly shades in her art. Azrael drew and painted everything around her. She painted what she saw. She drew what she felt. She took whatever inspired her and made it in to art and it was beautiful.

"I don't really do much of it anymore." She replies in a small voice.

"Why?" I breathe. Why would she waste such talent? I remember how peaceful she was whenever art was involved. I remember her bright smiles when her dad bought her paint. Even when she didn't have a paint brush or even a canvas, she used her hands. It didn't matter what she didn't have. She created whatever she wanted with what she did have and worked with it.

"Mi papá isn't here to do it with me." She admits quietly and my heart clenches painfully. I forgot about her father. He was the one who taught her how to draw in the first place. He wasn't a painter but his drawings were beautifully realistic. He drew it and Azrael painted it out for him. He always made his drawings black and white while Azrael added color. They were a team. I don't think I've ever seen Azrael paint without her dad beside her and it hurt to think that she was holding herself back because of it. Her father wouldn't want that for her.

Kaio speaks before I get the chance to, "He wouldn't want you to give up something you love because he isn't here, Azrael." He says sincerely.