Chapter 33- Azrael

"He won't be home until late, Azrael

"He won't be home until late, Azrael." LeRoy says, his hand meeting my shoulder so that I'm paying attention to him.

I nod, "I'll wait for him." I assure, glancing at the time on my phone. It was already 10:32 pm. My heart felt heavy with worry. Was he okay? He had been really distant these past couple of months, fighting and coming home drunk and high. Was he okay?

LeRoy's worried eyes meet mine, "You should get some sleep, Niña. You look exhausted." He was right. I was exhausted. I was tired of waiting for Lucio to come back home. I was tired of being without my dad. I was tired of my mother hating me but right now I was just worried about Loki. I've watched my mom come home drunk and high off her ass almost every night only for her to beat the shit out of me, I didn't want Loki to turn into the type of person she was.

"I'm serious, Azrael. You need some sleep." He repeats, frowning at me.

I shrug him off, "It's okay. I just want to see if he's okay. I promise I'll get some sleep after."

He finally backs off as if realizing I'm not going to budge, "I'm worried about you." He whispers.

"I'm okay." I smile weakly, "Go to sleep."

He hesitates before kissing my cheek goodnight. I watch as he makes his way towards his room, dragging his feet tiredly. When he finally closes the door behind him, I cry. My tears falling over my cheeks with concern. I bite my lip to keep from making any noises. Was Loki okay? Was he eating? Was he in trouble? Was he safe? Was he hurt?

I felt like I was drowning with worry. I didn't want Loki to ever change. He was such a good person and I didn't want him to lose himself in a life with drugs, alcohol, and fighting. He had brothers who cared about him. Lucio wouldn't want this for him neither. Why was he doing this to himself? Why couldn't he just talk to me?

The sound of the front door catches my attention, interrupting my thoughts. I wipe at my tears quickly, hiding any evidence of me crying. It wasn't important so there was no need for them to worry.

I watch as Loki slowly enters the house, his head down as if hiding his face. "Loki?" I call out, gently. "Are you okay?" My voice is quiet and afraid as I stand up, the first aid kit already set on the table.

He doesn't respond, his breathing heavy and he leans on the wall for support. "Come sit down so I can clean you up." I whisper, watching the way his teeth grit.

He limps his way to the sofa, avoiding my eyes as I move to clean his wounds. I almost cry at how swollen his face is. His face was covered in bruises and cuts. His lip wouldn't stop bleeding, neither would the cut under his swollen shut eye.

When I reach out to clean it, he hisses through his teeth. I can't help myself, "Well maybe if you didn't fight so damn much, this wouldn't be a problem." I snark but he says nothing as he lets me finish cleaning him up.