Chapter 8- Azrael

The morning for school had came fast as I had dropped Rico off at school before heading to my school

The morning for school had came fast as I had dropped Rico off at school before heading to my school. I wore my usual blank face but my thoughts were all over the place as I peered out the window. When the bus stopped, I was the first one to jump out and make my way into the school.

As I'm was walking, I had accidentally bumped into another female. Before I could come up with a snarky comment, the girl had spoken up first, "Sorry, sorry." She says sweetly, a nice smile but her eyes held mischief. She was pretty, really pretty. I could tell the women meant no harm.

"Don't worry about it, I wasn't watching where I was going." I reply, noticing she's a little shorter than me. "I haven't seen you around before, you new here?" I ask her, also noticing the beautifully dark male behind her. He also wore a mischievous glint in his eyes but they didn't look alike so most likely not related.

I had seen him around before.

"Yeah, just transferred here today and man the students here are assholes." She frowns, "I'm Eris, and he's Milan, I literally just met him and now we're best friends." She smiles, gesturing towards the boy standing beside her. He laughs before sending me a warm smile.

"Nice to meet you...?" He questions warmly.

They wore a comforting aura and maybe that's why I felt relaxed, they held similar personalities that's probably why they got along so quickly.

"Azrael." I answer, watching as he nods but Eris perks up.

"Woah you're named after a greek goddess, just like me!" She exclaims excitingly, "We're totally bestfriends now."  She nods at her own statement, a glint in her eyes daring me to protest.

I don't, because I felt bad but the words best friend left a bad taste in my mouth.

I didn't need another best friend.

"Hey!" Milan yells, jokingly. "You can't just replace me." He pouts.

"Well, no I guess not." She sighs dramatically, "I guess I can have two best friends." She says like she's just made the most painfulest decision in the world but then she turns back to me. "You're really pretty Azrael, I like you." She sighs dreamily.

Milan laughs as I choke on my own breath, "She said that to me too, don't worry." He reassures me.

She nods in agreement, "Hey, there is absolutely nothing wrong with appreciating beauty." She crosses her arms.

She had quite the personality on her.

I shake my head in amusement, "Thanks." I respond dryly but her whole face lights up like a damn christmas tree.

She claps her hands excitedly, like a child. It wasn't for show, she was actually happy that someone like me wanted to be friends with someone like her, though she didn't voice it but I could tell. "So who're the two people standing behind you?" She gestures behind me.