Chapter 18- Azrael

"Come home

"Come home."
Sent- 12:13 pm
-Mom.

I don't know how long I had been staring at the message. The two words that had my heart slamming against my chest because I was afraid of what would happen if I didn't. She never came searching for me ever. The first time I had ran away, she just knew I was coming back so she didn't waste her breathe but she beat the ever loving shit outta me and made me sit in an ice bath for I don't know how long but it felt like forever. When I had got out of the bath, she beat me again. So bad, it hurt to walk or even stand and I'd cry in the school bathroom.

The second time I ran away. I had came back. Again. She had been waiting for me in the kitchen, sitting elegantly with a glass of alcohol in her hands before walking away with a smile. I remember turning my back on her after she got up because I thought she was going to leave me alone. Wrong. She threw her glass at me, grazing my hand in the process. I had moved fast enough before it had actually hit me. Not that it mattered anyways because once again she had beat the crap out of me before locking me in the dark basement. I had cried the whole night. It had felt like I was losing my mind. I couldn't see shit. I was trembling in fear so bad that I had passed out. She knew I was afraid of the dark. I had been since I was a kid.

This was the third time but this time I wasn't going back. I couldn't go back. I was to scared. I was afraid of the consequences so I deleted the message and went about my day as if it never happened. Avoiding my problems as usual. It's not like she was going to come searching for me.

"You okay?" Eris asks, waving her hands in my face to get my attention, "You keep spacing out." She points out, munching on her sour patch candy as usual. Eris always had snacks with her. She loved food. She had more snacks in her bag than actual books and I had wondered where she fit it since she was so little. I could barely even stomach food anymore. I got full way to quickly and would feel sick by the end of the day.

I nod before stopping at my locker to stuff my books in there, my bruised arms had ached from carrying them all day.

"Hey."

I jump at Loki's deep voice before spinning around to face him only to see that Eris has gone quiet as she occupies herself with her phone, completely refusing to associate herself with Loki. Meanwhile, Loki is staring down at her with hard eyes and a clenched jaw.

He looked absolutely furious but said nothing before turning his attention back to me, "Lucio is going to take you back to the house today. I have some things to do and Lucas has therapy." He explains, "LeRoy should be home with your brother but if anything just call, okay?"

"Okay." I reply.

He ruffles my hair before turning to face Eris once more, "Why the hell are you ignoring me?" He asks, obviously annoyed that she hasn't even glanced at him.