Chapter 12- Azrael

TRIGGER WARNING: Abusive Content.

"I got a voicemail from one of Rico's teachers today

"I got a voicemail from one of Rico's teachers today."

My mothers voice was the first voice I heard as soon as soon as I stepped foot inside the house which caused me to freeze up immediately. What the fuck? I thought she wasn't home. Panic seezes through me as my eyes roam the room for Rico and when I find him in my mothers grip, you can imagine my worry.

I snap my eyes back up to meet hers, "So did I." I eventually respond, swallowing thickly when I catch her eyes darkening.

"Why is the school calling you when I'm his mother?" She asks. She was right. The school shouldn't have my number, especially since I'm only seventeen but I couldn't trust my mother to be there for Rico when he was in trouble at school so I put myself down as an emergency contact.

I wish I knew how to bite my tongue, maybe it would have made my life a whole lot easier but I didn't so I shrugged, "Maybe because you're always to busy getting drunk off your ass." I reply bluntly.

Her jaw clenches in anger and her grip tightens around Rico's elbow. I watch him wince a little as he looks up at me in fear. He tried to hide it but I knew just by the way his body shook.

"He's suspended." She hisses.

"I'm aware." I nod, keeping my eyes directly trained on her hand.

"I don't want him here for ten fucking days!" She screeches, "I don't have time to be keeping an eye out on him! This is all your fucking fault!" She was raging.

"You're joking right?" I ask in disbelief, "He's you're son, you gave birth to him! What could possibly more important than your fucking kid?!" I argue back, "And how is this my fault? I'm the one taking care of him, not you!" I yell. I was so fucking sick of her shit. If anything, it was her fault. Everything was her fault.

"Exactly! You take care of him, he follows after your footsteps. You're always getting into some type of trouble, you set a horrible example for him and now he's fucking stuck here with me!" She defends.

She was right to some degree. I shouldn't have been cursing in front of Rico. I shouldn't have been fighting in front of him. I shouldn't even have been arguing with my mother in front of him but shit happens. I'll take my fault but I wouldn't take hers. She was a horrible mother. A horrible role model and just a horrible person all together.

He literally watches her beat the shit out of me all the time. He hears her complaining and throwing slurs at him all day. His father isn't here anymore. Maybe that's why he's so fucking angry. Maybe that's what caused him to snap.

I sigh, "Rico go to your room."

He makes a move to step out of her hold but she only tightens her grip, "No." She growls, enticing a whimper out of Rico, "He's my son, I tell him what to do. Not you."