BONUS CHAPTER #1

Road To Ruin sneak peak

"A?" The little boy whimpers.

She tightens her hold around him, clutching him to her chest in fear someone might steal him. "Shh. It's okay." She murmurs against his head, shaking with dear life. Her body ached from the beaten she had just recieved from her mother, she felt lightheaded but she didn't move. "Listen," She instructs, "I need you to be very quiet, okay?"

He sniffle, "Okay."

"Mommy is having a bad day and we don't want to make her more angry, right?" She whispers, her heart pounding in her chest as he nods. "But don't be scared, okay? I'm right here, I won't let anything happen to you." She promises, stroking his hair to calm him down. It was getting darker and Azrael could feel her panic start to rise as she stuffed her face into her brothers neck.

Goosebumps rose along her skin when she heard her mother's footsteps stomping around the house in anger, screaming at them to come out. Azrael's tears fell down before she could stop them, her shoulders shaking from how scared and tired she was.

This causes Rico distress, "Don't cry." He whispers, scared because his sister rarely cried. She was always smiling in front of him, she was always so strong but this was something he'd barely see. "It's okay, A." He hugs her tightly, his lips trembling.

"I'm sorry." She hiccups, trying to cover her face. "I'm sorry." She repeats, resting her hand over her chest when it starts to pound faster.

He swallows thickly, pressing his lips together to keep himself from crying. "It's not your fault, Azrael." He whispers, trying to comfort her. He didn't like seeing this version of Azrael.

"I thought she loved us." Azrael cries, "I miss papá." Her hands shake, "I miss him," She repeats, "I can't do this anymore."

Rico's breathing stalls for a second as he hears his mother's footsteps before turning his attention towards his older sister, noticing as she loses herself in her head. This is what happened when it was dark, insecurities and fear started eating at her. Doubt and paranoia took over and she was a different person. His heart drums heavily against his chest as he lets her hug him tightly, "We'll be together forever, right?" He whispers, trying to distract her.

Her cries quiet as she processes his words, "Always."

He swallows thickly, "And you won't give up even when it's hard?" He sniffles.

She shakes her head, "I won't."

When her breathing finally evens out, his shoulders relax. "Did the scary voices go away?" He asks, resting his hand over her heart.

She kisses his head in gratitude, "All gone." She whispers, "Just me and you now."

Author's Note :

Author's Note :

Hiyaaaaa. I've been wanting to post this little bonus chapter for a while but didn't know if I should because the story had ended. I just wanted you guys to get a little insight on Rico and Azrael when they first started dealing woth abuse.

I initially planned to wait till I finished the series but I just couldn't. Rico does have a book coming and you will see how all of the trauma they went through takes a toll on his mind.

BUT YEAH, LOVE YOU