Chapter 25- Azrael

There's a knowing smile on her face as I enter the house

There's a knowing smile on her face as I enter the house. Her eyes are bright with vengeance as she stares back at me. There is no longing or tears of joy at my return just pure hate and for some unknown reason it still hurts that the women I loved so much growing up hates my existence.

"¿Dónde está tu hermano?" She asks, wiping off the white powder off her nose without a care in the world. She was fucking high.

I ignore that raging pulse that beats against my chest as a stand by the doorway, "Do you care?" I retort, ignoring the way her eyes narrow.

She ignores me, "Did you miss me?"

My shoulders stiffen at her question, "No." I respond but all she does is smile at me with lifeless eyes that sends a shiver down my spine.

"Did you really think you could hide from me, Azrael?" She continues and I freeze, "You think I didn't know you were hiding out at the Kings?" She chuckles, "No seas estúpida, mija."

I swallow down my fear, "How?"

She ignores me again, "Has Lucio told you what he's been up to these past four years?" She taunts, standing up from her seat, oblivious to the way I analyze her. Santiagos words ring throughout my head, 'You look just like your mother.' My throat tightens painfully because he was right. She was beautiful even with the drugs and all the drinking, I saw her everytime I looked in the mirror.

My eyebrows furrow at her words. Me and Lucio haven't really even talked about anything yet but we would. We swore to eachother that we would. I didn't want to hear it from her or anyone else.

I shrug, "It doesn't matter."

She laughs, "No? Did he tell you about his part in Jai's drug trafficking?" She asks. Jai? Kaio's father? "Or the sex trafficking and prostitution?" She continues, she smile spreading at the horror on my face, "What about the illegal fighting?"

I could feel the blood draining from my face at her words, "You're lying." I rasp out, desperately.

"Ask him." She shrugs.

"You're lying." I repeat. "You're lying!" I scream, "Why are you doing this to me?" I ask, my voice cracking, "What have I ever done to you? Why do you hate me so much?"  I ask, trying to find some type of emotion or reaction laying on her face but I find nothing.

I don't even notice how close she is to me until she raises her hand, bringing it down to connect with my cheek, "Cállate." She hisses.

It's weird. We always have these moments in our minds when where we just remember things. Example; when we were younger, I remember we were told to keep our hands to ourselves. Respect our parents. Love our parents. Don't hit our parents. It was something I always reminded myself growing up. Something I valued and cherished but right now in this moment, I could care less.