Chapter 20- Azrael

Today was going to be a bad day

I already knew it was. I felt it. Especially when Nava decided to step right in front of me even when I tried to avoid it. I tried to avoid this. I tried to keep distance because even breathing the same air as her was toxic. We always fought. Physically and verbally. Our friendship was based off insecurities and hurt. We used eachother to escape and it was addicting. It hurt us in the end. It hurt me but it almost killed her.

We are not the same. We are different. Too different and that is why we should stay away from eachother.

"Azrael?" She says so very softly. So warm. So kind and with so much love.

She stood in front of me with those beautiful eyes. Ones that held hurt. Pain. Love. Hate. She was the same height as me. She had long beautiful straight black hair that reached her waist with gorgeous korean features that stood out strongly. Nava was a force to be reckon with. She was stunning with her baby face. She merely looked like a child and that was probably the most dangerous thing about her. She looked so innocent. The air around her screamed innocent. She look looked as if she could do no wrong except she could. She could be brutal. She could burn the world with a smile on her face.

Nava had the biggest heart but Nava was dangerous.

"Azrael?" She calls out once more and my eyes finally meet hers sad ones.

This would not end well.

"Not today, Nava." I say quietly, trying to move around her but she blocks my path once again. I can feel myself getting angrier by the seconds. I did not want to deal with this shit today. I could only pray that someone would come save her because I felt like getting physical today and the last thing I wanted was to hurt her.

"Please." She begs, "Please talk to me, Azrael. I miss you." She declares with a shaky voice.

"No." I growl, feeling my chest tighten because I wanted to give in so bad. Unhealthy. I had to remind myself. She was an unhealthy addiction. I was an unhealthy addiction. We were toxic.

When I'm finally able to move around, she grabs hold of my arm roughly before yanking me right back, "So, you're just going to ignore me forever? Run like you always do?" She sneers and I could hear the hurt in her voice.

I force out a laugh, "It's not ignoring if I made it clear I don't want to speak to you." I retort and her grip tightens, causing every single bone in my body to tense up in alert. "Get your hands off of me, Nava." I warn, trying to keep myself from attacking her.

"Or what?" She taunts.

See? This is what the fuck I was talking about.

I pushed and she shoved.