Chapter 3- Lucio

"And where exactly do you think you're going, Angel?" I asked cheekily but I wasn't ready for her to face me because when she did- holy shit

She still took my breathe away.

Fuck. She was the type of pretty that had men tripping over their feet. She was way to fucking beautiful, I was openly staring and I didn't even care.

She wasn't even dressed up fancy or anything. She was just wearing a black hoodie along with her boyfriend jeans; paint splattered on a couple of spots, white converse, and a messy bun that looked perfect on her. She had perfect golden sunkissed skin with the most beautiful shade of warm brown eyes, flecks of a hazy gold would swim alongside like fallen autumn leaves but her lips? Jesus christ. Her lips were pretty as shit. They were plump, soft looking and so fucking inviting. So damn kissable.

You know what I did notice though? Those fucking marks on her neck. I was going to fucking kill whoever did that to her.

I had to force my gaze back up to meet hers. She looked like she was about to pass out as she stared back at me. I took a step forward and she took a step back, one the had me panicking inside a bit. I didn't want her running away from me.

"Miss me?" I joke. It was something I did to hide my emotions.

She swallows thickly, "You're back." She responds, seeming as if she was trying to convince herself that this was actually real.

She looked fucking exhausted. It was like the life was draining her out slowly.

"Yeah, I am." I confirm her statement.

She sends a weak smile towards me, "That's great. I'm sure your brothers are excited to have you back." She glances around awkwardly, almost uncomfortable so I take a step back.

She relaxes but only slightly. She wasn't comfortable around me anymore and that made my heart clench painfully.  "Azrael."

"What do you want, Lucio?" She abruptly asks, dropping the nice act, "Why are you here?" She continues, glancing behind me. "I don't have time for any of the bullshit so get to the point."

I stare at her intently, trying to figure out what went wrong with my sweet girl. What happened to the nice girl with the goofy grin? Where was the girl who jumped on my back when she was to tired to walk? Que le paso a mi angel? "I came back for my brothers. For you." I admit, watching and waiting for any emotion to flash through her eyes.

Nothing did though.

It was like I was talking to a brick wall.

She didn't care.

"Where'd you get the bruises from, Azrael?" I ask, finally dropping the question I've been wanting to ask as I ignore the pull at my chest.

She shrugs.