chapter 8 ~ know

Georges pov=

We got back to camp at around 11:30, we all decided to stay up for a little while so we set up a small campfire in the meadow and got out blankets to sit on.

I was sat with Tommy and Niki, and we were talking about Nikis life in Germany before she ended up coming to New York.

I tried to keep up with the conversation, but Dream kept getting into my head. What did he mean? What was he planning?

I wish he had just told me so I could save myself all these nerves.

I turn my head to look at him, but hes talking to Quackity. I took this as an opportunity to keep looking at him, but that opportunity doesnt last long as he turns to look back at me.

I can feel myself going red, so I look back to Niki and Tommy and try to rejoin the conversation.

Something Wilbur starts to ask Ranboo catches my attention. "Dyou know if theres any houses, or people around here?" he says.

"By the way it looked when we were driving back, I dont think so, why?" Ranboo answers.

At this rate, most of us were turned around listening to their conversation.

"Dream" Wilbur says, turning to look at him. "Didnt you promise youd sing for me?" he says, looking smug.

Everyone starts looking around at eachother, starting to smile. I turn my head to look at Dream, and hes grinning over at Wilbur.

"Did we leave the stuff in your car?" he asks Wilbur, standing up.

We all start getting up to run towards the carpark where the setup was.

I can see Ranboo pulling out his drums, as he starts to set them up Quackity grabs a microphone whilst Dream plugs his guitar into Wilburs car.

"Whatre we doing?!" I ask Niki, having to shout a little but over the sound of the music coming from the speakers Wilburs just plugged in.

"We're having a mini concert!" she shouts back, smiling at me.

"What if someone shows up?!" I ask.

"You cant live life on the verge of what ifs!" she shouts back, as she grabs my arm and pulls me over to help her with a lighting setup.

After a couple of minutes theres music blaring through speakers, Quackitys stood in a dramatic position with Dream beside him, waiting for his cue to start, and Ranboos not far behind them with his drum setup ready.

•song recommendation for this scene;
•what you know by two door cinema club

The song theyre singing starts coming through the speakers, and Quackity starts jumping around like a madman whilst Ranboo starts to bang on his drums keeping up with the song.

Niki grabs my arm and starts to dance with me, and I cant help but laugh. This all felt surreal, amazing, but surreal.

Me and Niki dance our way over to Tommy and Wilbur, who are shouting the lyrics of the song along with Quackity.

But then I can hear a different voice, a voice I hadnt heard singing before.

I turn around to look at where Dream, Quackity and Ranboo were, and surely enough Dream held a microphone in his spare hand, singing the words with Quackity.

I turn my head to keep dancing, but Dreams voice is still ringing in my ears. Hes still singing the chorus.

I start to feel myself let go again, as I spin Niki around, laughing.