chapter 11 ~ reality

mature language

//Dreams pov

We all showered, got changed, and were sitting around in the meadow trying to decide what we should do for dinner. Well, I say all of us, but Tommy, Wilbur and George arent here, im pretty sure theyre over at the tents.

"Well we can eat here or in town, you guys pick" Niki says, for what feels like the 40th time.

"If we knew what we wanted we wouldnt still be sat here" I tell her, grinning slightly.

"I think we should go to town" Quackity cuts in. "Itll be less stuff to clean up tomorrow when we're trying to get ready" he tells us.

"Did you just come in with a mature opinion?" I ask him, and he hits me on the back of the head.

"Yeah, I think hes right, it would be easier" Ranboo adds in. "But, are we really going to trust Quackity?" he asks, and I start to laugh.

Quackity goes over and hits him on the back of the head aswell, before coming back to sit beside me again.

"So we'll eat out tonight?" Niki asks, and we all nod in reply.

"Alright, ill go find Wilbur and tell him" Niki says, before getting up to go look for Wilbur.

Quackity and Ranboo start to talk, and I join in on the conversation since theres nothing else for me to do. Nikis nearly been gone for ten minutes, but we all ignore it. Then its 15 minutes.

"Nikis taking a long ass time" Quackity complains when the conversation falls silent.

"Dyou think theyve all been mauled by bears?" Ranboo asks, and I start to laugh.

"I wouldnt put it past them, if im honest" I answer.

"Should I go see if I can see them?" Quackity asks us, standing up.

"This is how all the horror movies start" Ranboo says, and I laugh again. "You have the small group of irresponsible young adults who are all dumb enough to walk into the same trap, and then their deaths are all mysterious accidents" he tells us, and im still laughing at him.

Quackitys laughing too, but he turns to look back towards the tents, now starting to walk over to them.

"Ill be back in like two seconds!" he shouts, before running over towards the trees.

Me and Ranboo sit in silence. Its not like awkward silence, me and Ranboo were never really awkward, no matter what happened. We could sit in silence like this all day and it would be normal for us.

"I think I know" he says, breaking the silence and sliding down off the log to sit on the blanket on the floor beside me.

"Hmm?" I ask him, not paying attention to him. Im thinking about what ill have to eat later, im starving right now.

"I think Quackitys right about what he said before" Ranboo says, in a tone that was oddly quiet for him.

"You think bears are gonna come out and eat us alive?" I ask him, laughing whilst turning to look at him.

He smiles a little and lets out a small laugh. "I hope not, but no not that" he tells me, and now im just confused.

"What do you mean then?" I ask him, watching him carefully.

"When we were going to last nights concert, and Quackity was saying you were acting all weird for you, like all that happy stuff" he tells me, and im staring at him unsure of what to say.

"I think I know why" he says again, and now he has my full attention.

Hes watching me, with an unsure look on his face. I dont know how to react, George doesnt want anyone to know, and im going to respect that. But can I lie to Ranboo?