chapter 37 ~ moon

mature language

Georges pov=

"No"

"George I promise if you jus-"

"No"

Im already halfway down the stairs, gripping tightly to the banister to make sure I dont trip myself up.

I know Wilburs behind me, thinking of ways to convince me to listen to him.

Im not ready for this conversation yet.

I need more time.

Even the thought of having to speak whats been flowing through my head the past week makes my stomach start to churn.

He tries grabbing onto the back of my jumper as I snatch my keys up from the coffee table in the living room.

This feels too much like what had happened just a couple of weeks ago.

It feels like Dream tugging on me, trying to make me hear him out.

I can hear him in my head again

I can picture his face in my mind, looking at me with fear as I try to leave his apartment.

"Stay" he had croaked, stroking my face as tears rolled down my cheeks, "please stay"

I dont have to tug away from Wilbur, he lets go when I walk fowards, getting just out of his reach.

I have no idea where im going, but I know he wont let his plan die down, he'll pester me about it until I eventually have to listen.

But im not going to give him the chance to be able to annoy me into talking.

Wilbur had sprung this on me with no warning, and now he wants me to just be open to talking about it?

Hes now backed into the living room doorway, watching me dig around in search of my phone.

I eventually find it buried under my blanket id been so happily curled in just an hour ago.

But now everythings gone to shit, once again.

I slip the phone into my sweatpants pocket, pushing past him to get into the hallway.

"When are you going to realize you cant just keep running from all of your problems?" he accuses.

Hes doesnt sound angry, just frustrated.

"Im not running" I hiss, feeling a burn start to rise in my chest.

"Oh yeah? Whatre you doing then?"

I dont reply, I dont know how to respond to that.

Im trying to ignore him as I pull on my jacket.

Im getting ready to leave again.

Where am I going? No idea.

Ill probably be back by tomorrow afternoon, but right now I need to be left alone.

Im getting ready to escape to where I can be left unbothered with just me and my thoughts.

But now his dumb comment is stuck in my mind.

What am I doing?

"Are you just going to leave him to suffer?" Wilbur presses.

I stop with my hand on the door knob, thinking about what he'd just asked me.

Am I just going to leave him to suffer?

I turn, looking at Wilbur whos still stood in the hall, watching me as I have my little hissy fit.