chapter 33 ~ sand

mature language

Georges pov=

December 23rd, 3pm

Tubbos fine with me staying, just like I knew he would be.

But after a little while, I start to question alot of things.

Things like, 'okay, im here, now what?'

Was I just meant to continue on like nothing had happened?

Like he doesnt exist? Like we never had anything?

How am I meant to spend my days now?

If im being honest, things are boring without him. I dont know what I spent my time doing before he came along.

Part of me wants to go back, part of me is still stuck in New York with him.

I dont even care about the Clay thing, no that was never it.

I care about the fact he lied, if he had told me about the whole Clay fiasco then id of held his hand and told him we could figure everything out together.

But he didnt do that, he never told me, he chose to lie.

The lying was a choice, a choice he made.

And losing me was the consequence to that choice.

"George!"

I whip my head around, letting the thoughts fall one by one from my head.

"We're going, are you sure you dont want to come?" Tommy asks.

Him and Tubbo had planned out an entire weekends worth of plans with other friends before I had come along, and now he feels bad leaving me.

"I told you, im sure, go have fun, its not like im going anywhere" I laugh, giving him a smile.

"I feel shit leaving you here all by yourself" he tells me, lingering in the doorway.

"Seriously, go, ill probably visit my mum or something" I say in an attempt to persuade him.

"Ready?" Tubbo asks, appearing beside Tommy.

Tommy looks back to me, his glance full of what I think is sympathy? Im unsure though, its rare hes actually caring.

But its sympathy that I dont need, I really am okay.

"Go" I tell them, smiling once again.

"We'll be back Monday afternoon, but if you need me back earlier then just call, or rin-"

"Tommy, im okay" I tell him, trying to keep my smile steady.

"Drag him out the door" I tell Tubbo.

Tubbo lets out a laugh before he turns down the hallway.

Tommy pauses once more to look at me, before he allows himself to follow behind Tubbo.

"Ill see you in a few days" I shout after them.

"Bye!" they both shout in return, before I hear the front door shut and im left alone.

I curl the blanket around myself tighter before my head drops back down to the pillow.

And then one by one, the thoughts start regrouping.

Does he miss me?

'If he missed you he wouldve called. He wouldve tried' the voice in my head replies.

Did he really move on that fast? Did he actually just forget about me that easily?

Because thats what it looks like. It looks like he never cared.