chapter 28 ~ the truth

mature language

//Dreams pov

Nobody responds.

Not even Sapnap, or Nick? I dont know what to call him now.

George is staring at Sapnap, his eyes lost. His face is morphing to an expression id never seen on him before.

Then his eyes slowly tear away from Sapnap, landing on me.

My eyes find his, and the look thrown on his face is killing me.

And in this moment I can tell he knows.

He knows who I am, he knows who Sapnap is.

"George"

I walk towards him, but he backs away.

"Are you him? Is that how, you are him, arent you?" he chokes, his words not forming toghether properly.

I try moving towards him again, but he keeps backing away.

"Get the fuck away from me" he spits out.

Theres a harshness in his voice that ive never heard before.

The worst part about this is that the anger is directed at me.

"Let me explain, let me talk" I say, but hes already shaking his head.

"Are you him?" he whispers again.

Im considering playing dumb, pretending I dont know who 'him' is.

But then I refocus on his face, and I realize I shouldnt be making him any more pissed off than he already is.

So I nod my head.

His eyes dont leave mine, but I wish they would.

I can practically see the hurt start to gather in his face.

I want to hug him, I want to explain everything, but before I can say anything he pushes me out of his path, leaving the room and slamming the door behind him.

I cant let him leave, not like this.

I follow after him, shutting the door behind me as I leave the room.

Hes in the hall, picking up his stuff and heading for the door.

I do what comes to mind first and thrown myself in the way of the door.

"Move" he whispers.

"Let me talk, I want five minutes George, just five minutes" I ramble.

"Move" he repeats, his voice coming out clearer than the last time he'd spoke.

His face is slightly flushed, and this time I wish it was because hes blushing. The bottom line of his eyelashes are slightly wet, and I can feel my heart twist when I notice. Hes crying, hes crying and its all my fault.

"George" I whisper, lifting a hand under his chin.

This feels manipulative, but I cant help myself. Ill do anything if itll make him hear me out.

I expect him to push me away though, or maybe even slap me.

But he doesnt, his eyes close so he doesnt have to look at me as I try to get him to stay.

I watch as tears roll out from his closed eyes whilst I slowly let my fingers glaze his jawline that ive touched so many times before. I wipe the tears with my thumb, hoping he'll cave in. Hoping he'll let me talk before he leaves.

"Stay, please stay" I beg in a desperate but gentle tone.

A few more tears push their way through his eyelids after I speak. How could I do this to him? Why didnt I just tell him when I had the chance?