chapter 14 ~ sleeping

•mature language

//Dreams pov

I slept for maybe four hours, and woke up around 6:30.

George was still asleep and was showing no signs of waking up anytime soon, he was still curled up in the position he fell asleep in, and that made me smile.

I sit watching the trees in the distance, wondering who would wake up first.

The sky had a faint gold glow from the sunrise, and I already know its going to be a warm day.

Im thinking about last night with George, when I spot Wilbur walking out through the trees and towards me.

"Good morning" he says to me, stretching his arms.

"Good morning" I say to him, and hes watching me oddly. "Did you sleep well?" I add on, trying to defuse the tension that I could feel growing.

"Yeah, but I cant wait to sleep in a bed again" he says, sitting himself down across from me.

I laugh a little, and go back to stroking Georges head absentmindedly. Wilburs still watching me, and now hes starting to smile.

"What?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow.

He starts to laugh a little before he drops his stare and shakes his head.

"Nothing" he tells me, still chuckling.

"No tell me" I say, now I really want to know.

He focus his stare on me again, but this time he looks down. Then he looks at me again, and then drops his eyes down. I dont understand at first, but then I slowly start to get it.

"Oh". He was looking at George.

"He was just too warm in the tent and aske-" I say, trying to make up an excuse, but Wilbur cuts me off.

"Dream do I look like an idiot to you?" he asks me, and hes still smiling a wide smile.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" I reply, grinning a little.

He rolls his eyes, and then continues to watch me. I dont know how to move now, I want to avoid any too deep questions that might lead to me talking about how George feels, since he doesnt want anyone to know.

Wilbur seems to understand that I dont want to talk that much about it, and eventually drops his stare. I can feel a voice start to rise in my throat, but its out before I can push it back down.

"I really like him" I say in a quiet voice, and I plaster my eyes on George, nearly afraid to see Wilburs reaction. I can see his eyes move up and lock on me again.

"So what are you waiting for?" Wilbur asks me.

And then I fall silent. I cant tell Wilbur about what was holding me back, that was too risky. How do you phrase 'im afraid of when I tell him im actually Clay hes going to run away. Oh, how does he know Clay? I fell in love with him online when I was 17, thats how he knows Clay'.

Exactly, you cant phrase that.

So I just stay silent.

Wilburs seems to get that I want to drop it again, and turns his eyes away. Sudden noise from the trees catches both our attentions, and we both turn to look.

Ranboo and Tommy are making their way out past the trees and towards us. Tommy looks like hes trying to start some sort of playfight with Ranboo, hes punching him continuously, and Ranboo looks tired of him.

As they slowly get closer I can start to hear their conversation.

"Come on just one fight" I can hear Tommy say to Ranboo, hitting him again.