chapter 26 ~ droplets

• mature language

// Dreams pov

The morning seems to be dragging out longer than necessary.

We're in the car, heading out of the city towards Georges parents house.

I think he can tell how nervewrecked I am, hes continuously trying to distract me from where we're actually going.

Its cold out, probably one of the coldest mornings we've had so far. Its slightly foggy, and theres dew spread across most of the fields we're driving past.

"Dream"

I turn my attention from the cold weather to George. Hes looking at me with the same worried expression that hes had on his face all morning.

Hes only worried about me though, and im starting to feel bad for stressing him out.

"Yeah?" I respond, trying to sound normal. The least I can do is pretend im feeling confident.

"You're sure alright?" he asks me for what could be the 8th time this morning.

He sounds excited though, and he has every right to be.

He hasnt seen his parents in a while now, so I want to try be happy with him.

"Yeah, im good" I reply, giving him a smile. "Are you?"

He nods at me, a grin breaking out across his lips.

We're heading into what looks like a town, and by the way George is tapping his foot im guessing we're close.

"The next left, and then just straight up that road" George tells me, his voice growing with excitement.

I do as he says and turn left the next chance I get, following down the straight road.

The houses here are gorgeous, not too extravagant, but still managing to be beautiful. I peek at the dashboard and its just gone 11am.

"The second last house" he tells me, pointing down the road.

I pull up outside the house and kill the engine.

The silence in the car is deadly, and part of me wants to turn around and never come back.

But thats not an option right now, so I put a smile on my face before I turn to George.

"Ready?" he asks me.

"I think so" I reply.

We both get out of the car, I dont want to hold his hand incase hes not comfortable with that right now.

But he reaches out and holds mine anyways.

I let him knock on the door, and after he does its quiet inside until I hear a woman making her way downstairs.

I feel like my heart explode out of my chest.

I hope George is right, I hope they wont care.

The door is swung open and we're met by a woman with brown hair.

She looks alot like George, he definitely got his facial structures from her. His eyes must be from his dad, because hers are a bright blue.

She stares at us, confused, until a wide smile breaks out across her face.

She lets out a small squeal before embracing George, laughing.

"Hey mum" he laughs along, hugging her back.

"I was wondering when youd finally come back to see us" she says, pulling away from George to look at me.

"I told you id be back sometime this week" he tells her, oblivious to her staring directly at me.